We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1 week on Capri

Crosby,Liverpool
Level Contributor
65 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
1 week on Capri

My wife and i spent a day on Capri last year whilst staying in Sorrento. We loved the day on Capri so much we are staying on there for a week at the end of June. We are interested in walking so would like to see as much of the island as possible. Can you give us some ideas of areas/places to visit. We are staying in La Floridiana which is near the main square.

We would also be interested in some boat trips around the coast so any recommendations would be appreciated.

Mentioned in this post
Capri
Capri
Island of Capri, Italy
Sorrento
Sorrento
Province of Naples, Italy
Hotel La Floridiana
Hotel La Floridiana
761 Reviews
Island of Capri, Italy
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
44,160 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: 1 week on Capri

www.capri.net and your guidebook will have most of the info you need.

You can get hiking maps from your hotel or from the tourist office - there is some great hiking and if not a broiling hot day, it is great as you will usually not even see a single soul on many of the hikes.

Naples, Italy
Level Contributor
431 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 1 week on Capri

The Arco Naturale path and Villa Iovis are nice hikes to do.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
44,160 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: 1 week on Capri

The Arco Naturale one is really my favorite - I love the views and peeks of the sea in some parts as you go up - it is not a difficult hike either -

Some of the other hikes are more rustic - good to wear shoes with socks above ankles because of vegetation growth - it can scratch

Oh - and keep an eye out for the adorable tiny green lizards - they are fast but when you are still and they are still you can have a chance to really appreciate them - but, they move quickly and I always walk kind of slowly for fear of accidentally squishing one...thankfully, thats never happened.

St Paul, MN
Level Contributor
21,392 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 1 week on Capri

I spent 8 days on Capri after vsiting it from Sorrento once.

Google map with sights marked

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit…

We visited the Natural Arch, The Blue Grotto, beach resort Lido del Faro, Villa Jovis, Gardens of Augustus, went on a boat tour of island, Certosa di San Giacomo, Villa San Michele - Museum of Axel Munthe, Chairlift to Mt Solaro,Santa Sofia Vedova, Casa Rosa musuem, San Costanzo, San Michele church (Maljorica floor).

Edited: 23 May 2017, 02:40
Mentioned in this post
Capri
Capri
Island of Capri, Italy
Sorrento
Sorrento
Province of Naples, Italy
Natural Arch
Natural Arch
535 Reviews
Island of Capri, Italy
Blue Grotto
Blue Grotto
3,617 Reviews
Island of Capri, Italy
Lido del Faro
Lido del Faro
465 Reviews
Island of Capri, Italy
Villa Jovis
Villa Jovis
651 Reviews
Island of Capri, Italy
Villa San Michele
Villa San Michele
701 Reviews
Ravello, Italy
Sofia
Sofia
Sofia Region, Bulgaria
Costanzo
Costanzo
346 Reviews
Aversa, Italy
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
36,652 posts
599 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 1 week on Capri

Good list lupaling, certainly a good itinerary of things to see and do.

Crosby,Liverpool
Level Contributor
65 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 1 week on Capri

Many thanks to you all for your invaluable information and knowledge.

7. Re: 1 week on Capri

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 May 2018, 09:47