We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Da Paolino Lemon Tree Restaurant or Recommendation

Level Contributor
182 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Da Paolino Lemon Tree Restaurant or Recommendation

Hello,

I'm planning to take a day trip to Capri in September. I am thinking of doing one of the boat tours, and during my free time on the island, I would like to get lunch. I was super excited about going to Da Paolino because of the beautiful setting under the lemon groves, but I've been reading the reviews and although most are really good, there are quite a few bad ones that say the same thing: Terrible service, extremely expensive - not worth the money, and the food isn't that great. Have any of you been and would you recommend it? Is it worth the hassle of getting there and paying the huge bill?

Or what restaurant would you recommend that would have great food and service? I wouldn't mind gong somewhere that has great views too. I don't want to spend a lot of money because I know Capri is expensive, but I wouldn't mind splurging IF it's worth it. Look forward to your advice. Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Capri
Capri
Island of Capri, Italy
Da Tonino
₹₹₹₹, Italian, Seafood, Mediterranean
Buonocore Gelateria
₹, Italian, Cafe, Fast food
Villa Margherita
₹₹₹₹, Italian, Seafood, Mediterranean
Naples, Italy
Level Contributor
429 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Da Paolino Lemon Tree Restaurant or Recommendation

In general any restaurant on beach clubs in Capri are expensive but have great food. You could try one of them during your boat trip around the island.

Mentioned in this post
Capri
Capri
Island of Capri, Italy
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
44,125 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Da Paolino Lemon Tree Restaurant or Recommendation

I'd suggest either Da Luigi or La Fontelina - can't beat that view - they are right by one another -

http://www.capri.net/en/c/la-fontelina

www.capri.net/en/c/da-luigi-ai-faraglioni

Mentioned in this post
La Fontelina
La Fontelina
599 Reviews
Island of Capri, Italy
St Paul, MN
Level Contributor
21,390 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Da Paolino Lemon Tree Restaurant or Recommendation

If you are talking abut the beach resort restaurants, I ate at restarauat nat Lido del Faro in Anacapri and I don't remember it being outrageously expensive.

view of restaurant form the outside

www.slowphotos.com/photo/showphoto.php…

inside

www.slowphotos.com/photo/showphoto.php…

I am afraid we ususally ate at restaurtns on Capri without the great view that were moderate in price.

Mentioned in this post
Lido del Faro
Lido del Faro
463 Reviews
Island of Capri, Italy
Anacapri
Anacapri
Island of Capri, Italy
Capri
Capri
Island of Capri, Italy
Capri, Italy
Destination Expert
for Sorrento, Capri
Level Contributor
1,284 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Da Paolino Lemon Tree Restaurant or Recommendation

Paolino is close for lunch, so, it is not an option. For lunch-time in summer, the best option is always a beach club.

Level Contributor
182 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Da Paolino Lemon Tree Restaurant or Recommendation

Thanks everyone for the feedback. I will look into your recommendations as well as any beach clubs.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
95 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Da Paolino Lemon Tree Restaurant or Recommendation

The beach clubs mentioned above are a wonderful option, but if you prefer to dine closer to the Piazetta, we love Panorama---beautiful views, really good food and service, and we thought it was good value for Capri.

Edited: 24 May 2017, 10:32
Mentioned in this post
Ristorante Panorama
Ristorante Panorama
813 Reviews
Island of Capri, Italy
Capri
Capri
Island of Capri, Italy
7. Re: Da Paolino Lemon Tree Restaurant or Recommendation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 May 2018, 09:47