We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trip to Capri

2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Day trip to Capri

My wife, nearly-two-year-old son and I are staying in Salerno for a week in June. We plan to spend a day in Capri; does anyone have any advise as to what we should do with our day? Also, is there a particular day of the week we should look at going?

Grazie!

Destination Expert
for Naples
Level Contributor
17,750 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day trip to Capri

Check the cruise calendar for the Naples port, that has a significant impact on the number of day trip visitors to Capri.

Look not only at the number of ships in port each day, but which ships. For example, it makes a big difference if the ship is the 4,000 passenger NCL Epic or the 4,375 passenger RC Freedom of the Seas vs. 1,800 Thomson Discovery.

The cruise calendar for Naples is here: www.terminalnapoli.it/index.php… Simply get the calendar to the right month (Giugno) then click on each day of the week you are considering. The list of ships in port that day will appear below the calendar.

If you find a day that week with no ships in port, aim for that. Ultimately, however, the weather may make the decision for you. There's really no point in making that long ferry ride out and back if the weather is bad.

Edited: 13 May 2017, 15:09
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Day trip to Capri

That's a great tip, I'll check it out - thank you!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
44,880 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Day trip to Capri

www.capri.net has all the info on the island - There is much from which to choose...

4. Re: Day trip to Capri

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 May 2018, 10:48