We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to use Marozzi Bus website (English translation)

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
36 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
How to use Marozzi Bus website (English translation)

If you want to get to/from Sorrento/Rome without having to transfer trains in Naples or ride the local train down to Sorrento (with theft risks), or pay 100 E for a private driver from Naples, the Marozzi Bus service direct from Rome train station to Sorrento may be for you. 3-4 hour ride. Problem: website only in Italian. Here are two posts that tell you how to use the website. I have also read that you may be able to wait to buy tickets until you are in Italy, at a travel agent or the bus kiosk/station.

http://www.epinions.com/content_195111718532

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g187782-i162-k20…

Personally I haven't used this yet but just thought I'd post this.

One person on tripadv complained that AC wasn't really up to it during summer; may be a better option outside of summer.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
36 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to use Marozzi Bus website (English translation)

In addition, this is a bit cheaper than the train. Suggest googling Marozzi Bus as some of the links on there give you an up to date timetable in English (not sure of the source.) The local train some people say to avoid is the Circumvesuvia.

St Paul, MN
Level Contributor
19,442 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How to use Marozzi Bus website (English translation)

The Marozzi bus only runs in the summer from June to Sept.

In addition it leaves only twice a day from Sorrento to Rome and vice versa.

www.alfonsoamare.it/english/marozzi.htm

Maybe it is jsut because I was there in the off season, but I didn't think the Circumvesuviana was all that bad. it is not a pleasure vessel but it is not worst than riding crowded Rome public transport. Squished like sardines in a Metro car.

I stayed 11 days in Pompei in feb 2006 and 11 days in Sorrento in Feb 2007. There really isn't any other way to get around to Pompeii, herculaneum, Oplontis and Sorrento. If you go to any of these places you will have to venture out onto the Circumvesuviana sometime.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
75 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How to use Marozzi Bus website (English translation)

Does the Marozzi bus not operate in April?? The website says that there is a bus leaving at 6am from sorrento arriving in rome at 9:45...is this false information?

UK
Destination Expert
for Sorrento
Level Contributor
3,164 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How to use Marozzi Bus website (English translation)

The Curreri bus company also run a Rome - Sorrento service, see other posts on Forum.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
36 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How to use Marozzi Bus website (English translation)

Thanks modem. Seems to be a better option re: english option on website and able to send an email to book.

The website for Curreri is:

http://www.curreriviaggi.it/

click on the British flag top left to get english version of website.

Can anyone please comment on whether this bus would run reliably, Sorrento to Rome on morning of Sat Sept 27, 2008? or in general

thanks!

UK
Destination Expert
for Sorrento
Level Contributor
3,164 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How to use Marozzi Bus website (English translation)

I don't know about the Rome-Sorrento service but the Curreri company run the Naples Airport - Sorrento service, and have done for a number of years, which is usually very reliable.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
36 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How to use Marozzi Bus website (English translation)

According to their website, Curreri does have the Sorrento-Rome route. They replied to my email:

"Good Morning from Curreri Travels,

in according with you request, we will inform you, that it's possible to buy the ticket in travel agency in Sorrento (Executive Travel Service - Corso Italia Firentino - P.zza S.Antonino). The price is 16,00 eur one way per person."

contacting this travel agency may be a good way to go for both buses

u.k
Level Contributor
1,046 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How to use Marozzi Bus website (English translation)

We did this trip last week with Curreri and found them very reliasble.We booked the tickets the day before we travelled and had no problems. We booked in a travel agents just off Tasso square.

9. Re: How to use Marozzi Bus website (English translation)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2009, 06:48