We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cannot book appointment for Italy schengen visa application

London, United...
1 post
cannot book appointment for Italy schengen visa application

Hi!

I am wondering anyone else has encountered into this similar situation -- I hold non-EEA passport and reside in London.

So I booked my flights and accommodation for Italy trip at the end of this month and I want to schedule appointment to submit my application via VFS online service-- but NOT a single availability to book for in the entire month at ant UK cities!!!... I feel so hopeless and depressed.

I called the visa application centre and they said I need to check the schedule calendar on a daily basis and was really impatient. I am really defeated now. Does anyone knows any potential solution to secure my visa from the worst scenario of having to cancel my entire trip?? (all the flight costs, hotel booking fees etc.)

Likely To Sell Out
Waking Up the Vatican: VIP...
86 Reviews
from US$ 525.10*
Best Seller
Skip the Line: Vatican Museums, St...
24,311 Reviews
from US$ 72.50*
Best Seller
Skip the Line: Ancient Rome and...
12,199 Reviews
from US$ 57.30*
44 replies to this topic
London, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
2 reviews
1. Re: cannot book appointment for Italy schengen visa application

Hi,

I am in the same situation... Did you get your visa? I am trying to book something for April but nothing! I hope you are still going to Italy!

1 post
2. Re: cannot book appointment for Italy schengen visa application

Good day,

The same situation! How did you figure out that?

I'm trying to get the nearest appointment for the 3d day already, but no chance...

Edited: 09 June 2016, 18:53
London, United...
Level Contributor
54 posts
3. Re: cannot book appointment for Italy schengen visa application

Same. Not single slot available. What's the matter with this embassy. Did any of you eventually got it last year ? Did you try any alternatives ?

Edited: 07 April 2017, 01:47
London, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
2 reviews
4. Re: cannot book appointment for Italy schengen visa application

I got it, just try every day! good luck!

newcastle
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
5. Re: cannot book appointment for Italy schengen visa application

i have exactly the same problem ! i checked as far as dec 2018 no appointments available , even in Manchester and London NOTHING

Toronto, Canada
1 post
6. Re: cannot book appointment for Italy schengen visa application

how did u get it? did anyone cancel it and u booked that? I have my flight at the beginning of June to Italy and all spots are booked till June 30

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
7. Re: cannot book appointment for Italy schengen visa application

I am unable to access the appointment calendar for a visa at the Italian Consulate in New York. I have registered but when I click"make your reservation", it does not display the calendar. Could you tell me if I am accessing this the wrong way

Brussels
Level Contributor
5,672 posts
9 reviews
8. Re: cannot book appointment for Italy schengen visa application

<I am unable to access the appointment calendar for a visa at the Italian Consulate in New York. I have registered but when I click"make your reservation", it does not display the calendar.>

Are you using an out-of-date browser ? For example, I can display certain things with Google Chrome that don't work with Internet Explorer 10. (I can't try to display this calendar myself as you have to register first.)

If that isn't the problem, contact the Visa Office helpline and ask them what to do. …esteri.it/consolato_newyork/…

E-mail: newyork.visas@esteri.it

Ipswich, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
9. Re: cannot book appointment for Italy schengen visa application

Hello all, having been through this process recently I thought I would share some thoughts...

In London you can apply either via the VFS application centre or via the Italian Consulate General. We applied via the consulate directly.

The VFS centre releases monthly appointment slots towards the end of the previous month (20th ish onwards) (I.e August slots released 22/23rd July ish) the consulate has an online diary to book (currently mid August is booking now for early September just to give an idea of availability) the actual process at the consulate was a breeze, we waited no more than 15 mins and the visa is alledgey available for collection 2 working days later).

Having gone through the stress of thinking there were no appointment slots, to the relief of getting one booked, my advise would be to apply as soon as possible, that way you allow a contingency buffer in the event of any problems!

London, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
10. Re: cannot book appointment for Italy schengen visa application

Hi there,

I just booked my appointment with the Consulate after being so fed up with the VFS and I have secured one appointment straight away. It's much better than keeping checking on daily basis.

Edited: 15 August 2017, 01:08
Reply to: cannot book appointment for Italy schengen visa application
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted