We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Auto Europe - Firefly Car Rental

UK
Level Contributor
41 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Auto Europe - Firefly Car Rental

Hi all,

I am looking for car rental from Pisa to Rome in August. A quick search on Auto Europe has led me to a car rental offering from a company called 'Firefly Car Rental'. I have googled them but nothing. Has anyone any experience of them?

Thanks,

Matt

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
30,760 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Auto Europe - Firefly Car Rental

Was it www.auto-europe.co.uk you checked.

Wakefield, United...
Destination Expert
for Lake Garda, Lake Garda, Nago
Level Contributor
5,867 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Auto Europe - Firefly Car Rental

Over on the Spain forum they are saying that Firefly is the new name for Advantage. Although we have used Advantage a few times without any problems, they do/did have a very bad reputation.

"The brand Advantage in the States has been sold so here in Europe, Hertz had to change the name. This is the reason for the change."

Woking, United...
Level Contributor
41 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Auto Europe - Firefly Car Rental

Yep, Firefly is the re-branded name for Advantage - so still part of the Hertz group.

I'd Google/check out reviews for Advantage Italy to see what comes up

4. Re: Auto Europe - Firefly Car Rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 17 April 2013, 15:04
Swadlincote, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Auto Europe - Firefly Car Rental

I hope that they are ok, as we have just booked car through easycar for August and it was only on confirmation of booking that it has shown that the rental company will be firefly, we had already paid, so fingers crossed.

copenhagen
Level Contributor
4 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Auto Europe - Firefly Car Rental

I have the same from Nice Airport. The booking is confirmed through Carhire 3000 whom I have used on many occasions and trust They have never let me down before, so I am confident that not only do Firefly exist but they will give me good service.

Iver, Bucks, UK
Level Contributor
5 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Auto Europe - Firefly Car Rental

I am booked with Advantage/Firefly for August through Holiday Autos.

I found they have registered a website: uk.fireflycarrental.com

although the site is not live yet.

aza
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Auto Europe - Firefly Car Rental

bonjorno!

i have reached firefly through the website "rentalcars.com"

dose any one know this site?

i was booking and only at the conformation mail i saw the supplier is firefly whom i don't know.

St. Petersburg...
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Auto Europe - Firefly Car Rental

I'v booked Fiat Panda with Firefly for next week through Rentalcar.com.

I'm picking up car in Milan Malpensa airport. I'll tell you about my experiment, when it will finish.

10. Re: Auto Europe - Firefly Car Rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline requiring that all messages be written in English. It is not possible for the forum staff to provide translations. Foreign language comments exclude many readers from obtaining what may be pertinent information, which defeats the purpose of an open forum.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 April 2013, 15:10