We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gate 1 Travel/Italiatours

nyc
1 post
Save Topic
Gate 1 Travel/Italiatours

6 of us are trying to do a 12 day multicity trip of Italy and are thinking of Gate 1 tours, how are these as far as hotels, meals, guides, etc., I don't want 5 people mad at me while we're on vacation

Westbury NY
Level Contributor
210 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gate 1 Travel/Italiatours

We just returned from an 11 day Gate 1 tour that I had organized for a group of 15 (some of who I knew and some I didn't. We used Gate 1 because it matched the dates we wanted to travel departing Friday April 18 and returning Monday April 28. Other than Swiss air loosing our luggage on the way home (it's supposed to be flying in as I type this) it was a great trip and everyone in my group wants to know what my next planned trip is going to be.

The consensus was that this was a very well organized trip, with great tour guides and travel arrangements.

We flew into Venice for 2 nights went by tour bus to Florence for 2 nights, Rome for 3 nights and Sorrento for 2. Included in the trip were stops at Pisa, Assisi, and Pompei. Tour included 9 dinners, 10 breakfasts and one lunch, with excellent local guides for tours of Dodges Palace in Venice; Academia in Florence; the Vatican Museum & Sistine Chapel, Coliseum & Forum in Rome, and the ruins in Pompeii.

Extra optionals we took were a day trip to Capri, a Gondola ride with Music, and a walking tour of the plazas & fountains of Rome.

All & all a great time was had by all and I would recommend Gate 1 for this trp to everyone!

We loved the locations of the Hotel in Rome (2 Blocks from the Coliseum & the Forum) & in Sorrento(on a hill with balconies overlooking the Bay of Naples & Mount Vesuvius)!

Marty

Branchburg, NJ
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Gate 1 Travel/Italiatours

Hi...we just got back on April 12th. We did the 9 day enchanting Italy & it was fantastic! Our tour director martin was wonderful..the dinners...the sights were incredible. It was well organized & there was enough free time to explore on your own. Hotels were fine...nothing fancy, but you're in the room to sleep & that's about it. The Grand Principe in Venice was really pretty...we did not have a canal view, but had a small balcony and a view of the street below. email me if you have any specific questions! kathy

Branchburg, NJ
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Gate 1 Travel/Italiatours

Hi...we just got back on April 12th. We did the 9 day enchanting Italy & it was fantastic! Our tour director martin was wonderful..the dinners...the sights were incredible. It was well organized & there was enough free time to explore on your own. Hotels were fine...nothing fancy, but you're in the room to sleep & that's about it. The Grand Principe in Venice was really pretty...we did not have a canal view, but had a small balcony and a view of the street below. email me if you have any specific questions! kathy

Hong Kong
Level Contributor
1 post
280 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gate 1 Travel/Italiatours

HI Kathy,

Would you say your experience with Italiatours was ok? I'm likely to book their Emerald Tour (Rome - Amalfi coast - Rome) and wanted to see what people thought of the company. Reliable? Good meals? (can you order yourself or are the meals all pre-ordered? Hotels ok? Etc. Thanks so much.

5. Re: Gate 1 Travel/Italiatours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 November 2009, 12:57