We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Madrid airport transfer from terminal 4 to terminal 4s

Stratham, NH
Level Contributor
105 posts
138 reviews
Save Topic
Madrid airport transfer from terminal 4 to terminal 4s

We will be arriving at the Madrid airport from Malaga, Spain in terminal 4 and then departing for Boston from terminal 4S. We have a tight connection and are wondering if we have to go through security again. I know there is a train that connects the terminals. Any information would be appreciated.

Level Contributor
7 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Madrid airport transfer from terminal 4 to terminal 4s

Didn't see any further replies to your question. We are doing the same thing from Dallas to 4S then out of 4 to Santiago de Compostela. We have just under 2 hours . Is that enough time?

Level Contributor
188 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Madrid airport transfer from terminal 4 to terminal 4s

Hi,

We fly from Madrid to Tenerife from Terminal 4s. When we return we have to transfer from terminal 4s to terminal 4.

1' do we need to ask the taxi driver to leave us in front of T4s terminal or where_

When we return we should take the train in between terminal 4s and terminal 4 .

We leave tomorrow morning.

Thank you

Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
200 posts
682 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Madrid airport transfer from terminal 4 to terminal 4s

Just to clarify, 4S is a satellite terminal to 4 that can ony be reached by an underground train that takes only 5 minutes. Gates R,S, and U are in terminal 4S while Gates H, J and K are in 4. Two hours between gates at 4 and 4S is plenty of time, even an hour is ok.

If coming from outsite the airport, a taxi will drop you off then at Terminal 4 and you just head to security after checking in. Once through security, you can go either RSU or HJK.

Level Contributor
7 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Madrid airport transfer from terminal 4 to terminal 4s

Many thanks for the reply and additional info.

Threepeaks

USA
1 post
Save Reply
15. Re: Madrid airport transfer from terminal 4 to terminal 4s

I will be landing at 4S, will need to transer to 4 to catch the Alsa bus to Pamplona. How much time should I allow from landing in 4S to bus departure area in 4? Will have carry-on luggage only.

Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
200 posts
682 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Madrid airport transfer from terminal 4 to terminal 4s

I expect you will need between 20 minutes best case to 45 minutes. That time really depends on the line through customs that you must go through in 4S before going down to the basement to catch the train. Typically though, that customs point isn't that busy. Good luck!

Quito, Ecuador
6 posts
Save Reply
17. Re: Madrid airport transfer from terminal 4 to terminal 4s

Hi,

i am an Indian Citizen flying from ecuador to Madrid T4s. i have to stay overnight as my flight leaves the next day. i leave at the same Terminal T4s to India Delhi. the problem is i dont have a schengen visa and i have to wait for 24 hours. do i have to go through the immigration passport control. please help!

thanks

Edited: 27 April 2012, 02:57
Quito, Ecuador
6 posts
Save Reply
18. Re: Madrid airport transfer from terminal 4 to terminal 4s

Hi,

m an Indian Citizen, flying from ecuador to madrid T4s and leaves the nest day 24 hours from T4s to India. the problem is i dont have a schengen visa and i have to stay 24 hours. do i have to go through passport control or is it ok if i stay inside the airport. will i get into trouble?

please help

thanks

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Madrid airport transfer from terminal 4 to terminal 4s

Hi! Didn't find an answer to your case. I have a very similar connection. Flying from Chicago to Madrid (4S) and then to Rome from terminal 4. The time between connecting flights is 1hr 10 min. What terminal do you go through customs/security? Was your luggage transferred? I'm flying tomorrow, Thanks

Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
200 posts
682 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Madrid airport transfer from terminal 4 to terminal 4s

I don't know about the case of not having a Shengen Visa, recommend you ask your travel agent or whoever set up the ticket for you. For the Chicago traveller, you should have enough time as it is only a 5 min ride between terminal 4s to $. You will need to go through immigration/customs in 4s before getting on the train but this is normally quite fast. Luggage should be transferred, but to be sure, ask when you check it as the agent will able to confirm. Good luck!