We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Landing at Madrid airport in September from The Netherlands

Groningen, The...
Level Contributor
158 posts
Landing at Madrid airport in September from The Netherlands
Save

Hi guys,

Just a quick check here.

I'll be landing in Madrid from Amsterdam and have a question regarding the covid requirements.

I'm vaccinated with Pfizer, both of them, and also longer than 2 weeks ago. If I got it right all I need is the Corona app QR-code and the online filled form on https://www.spth.gob.es/ 48 hours prior to landing.

Could you please confirm this? Or do I need additional forms, testing or further proof?

Thanks in advance.

10 replies to this topic
Madrid, Spain
Level Contributor
5,301 posts
2 reviews
3 helpful votes
1. Re: Landing at Madrid airport in September from The Netherlands
Save

Yes, you meet the current entry requirements. The Health Declaration form needs to be completed no more than 48 hours before your scheduled time of arrival. Once you have completed the form you will be sent a QR code and this will be scanned upon arrival at Madrid airport. I suggest you complete your health declaration form once you have completed on line check in, or have confirmed your seat number, as you will be asked to confirm this on the form.

Groningen, The...
Level Contributor
158 posts
2. Re: Landing at Madrid airport in September from The Netherlands
Save

Thank you for this information, I'll fill it 24 hrs before arriving.

Groningen, The...
Level Contributor
158 posts
3. Re: Landing at Madrid airport in September from The Netherlands
Save

I noticed you live in Madrid. Would you please give a general view of the situation over there? I read in some other topics that locals still use masks even when being outside. Is it just general precaution?

Starting to have some second thoughts about the trip and if it wouldn't be better to postpone.

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
88 posts
70 reviews
41 helpful votes
4. Re: Landing at Madrid airport in September from The Netherlands
Save

We are traveling to Italy and Transiting through Madrid the morning of September 9th. I filled out the on line forms for my husband and I to transit about two weeks ago. I see that it has to be within 48 hours. Do you think there will be an issue getting online and filling out another one for both of us since we have the original QR code’s from two weeks ago. So glad I saw your post!

Edited: 23 August 2021, 06:38
Madrid, Spain
Level Contributor
5,301 posts
2 reviews
3 helpful votes
5. Re: Landing at Madrid airport in September from The Netherlands
Save

Alex: The situation here is very much life as normal. There are some minor restrictions such as bars and nightclubs having to close slightly earlier, and reduced capacity in restaurants, but almost everywhere is open. We only ever had one strict lockdown back at the beginning of the pandemic.

Face masks must be worn when indoors such as in shops, museums and the like. When entering restaurants, cafes and bars the mask maybe removed once seated, but must be worn if you need to go to the bathroom. Face masks do not have to be worn outdoors except where a 1.5 metre distance cannot be maintained.

It is true that many locals still choose to wear their masks even when outdoors. Initially, when the face mask restriction was lifted, very few took off their masks, but gradually, I can see that more people are having the confidence to do so. In a large, busy city, it can sometimes be difficult to maintain a distance outdoors, and additionally, the continual removing and putting back on of the same face mask is not particularly hygienic. In the summer heat I have not worn a face mask outdoors.

There are lots of tourists here and much to enjoy. The process at the airport is relatively straightforward and efficient. I hope this gives you some insight into the situation.

Madrid, Spain
Level Contributor
5,301 posts
2 reviews
3 helpful votes
6. Re: Landing at Madrid airport in September from The Netherlands
Save

Lola: On the form it asks you to declare that you have not had Covid symptoms within the last 14 days and also if you have been in contact with someone with Covid within the last 14 days of arrival into Spain. It therefore stands to reason that if you have filled in the form almost one month prior to arrival in Spain that the declaration you completed is invalid.

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
88 posts
70 reviews
41 helpful votes
7. Re: Landing at Madrid airport in September from The Netherlands
Save

Yes, totally makes sense. I will fill it out 48 hours before we leave. Thx!

Groningen, The...
Level Contributor
158 posts
8. Re: Landing at Madrid airport in September from The Netherlands
Save

@LivvyMad

Thank you so much! We'll just go ahead and enjoy our trip.

Edited: 24 August 2021, 03:41
Madrid, Spain
Level Contributor
5,301 posts
2 reviews
3 helpful votes
9. Re: Landing at Madrid airport in September from The Netherlands
Save

Alex: Good to know I helped reassure you. September is a good month to visit and the weather should still be nice. I wish you an enjoyable time in Madrid.

Groningen, The...
Level Contributor
158 posts
10. Re: Landing at Madrid airport in September from The Netherlands
Save

You surely did. 4 days to go.

Once again, thank you!

Reply to: Landing at Madrid airport in September from The Netherlands
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in India. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.