We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tickets on Renfe from Barcelona to Madrid

New Delhi, India
4 posts
Save Topic
Tickets on Renfe from Barcelona to Madrid

I found cheap tickets on Renfe train from Barcelona to Madrid. This is Messa Tarrif on Turista.. This Messa fare is available only on Renfe website and not on other websites and since the language is not English I cant understand what does Messa mean? I have to book 4 tickets and there is a big difference in price so I want to book this. But I hope here is no extra payment for baggage or other things on this Messa fare. Cant understand what this means. Can anyone help

Mentioned in this post
Barcelona
Barcelona
Province of Barcelona, Spain
Madrid
Madrid
Community of Madrid, Spain
Special Offer
Toledo and Segovia Tour with Alcazar...
485 Reviews
from US$ 79.05*
US$ 93.00
Avila with Walls Access and Segovia...
1,476 Reviews
from US$ 104.90*
Toledo Half-Day or Full-Day Tour from...
1,510 Reviews
from US$ 68.40*
7 replies to this topic
Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
8,153 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tickets on Renfe from Barcelona to Madrid

mesa = table.

the fare means that you buy 4 seats, two facing the other 2, with a table in the middle.

Torrox Costa, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torrox
Level Contributor
6,551 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tickets on Renfe from Barcelona to Madrid

There are no extra charges on Renfe trains, the price quoted for a seat is all you pay.

Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
67,136 posts
3,764 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tickets on Renfe from Barcelona to Madrid

For trains:

https:/…Buying.Renfe.Tickets.Online.html

New Delhi, India
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Tickets on Renfe from Barcelona to Madrid

Thank you. Most information on their website is written in Spanish language so it is difficult to understand. So I was trying to book from renfe.spainrail and from Trainline website as they also provode renfe rail tickets and have info written in English. But both these sites do not offer the low cost Messa seats which is availebl on Renfe Spanish website. Would you be able to tell me why don't all websites provide all available Refe tickets but only select few high priced ticket?

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
8,153 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tickets on Renfe from Barcelona to Madrid

train companies decide which fares are available for resellers.

trainline.eu has direct access to renfe's ticketing system, but is not allowed to sell the "mesa" fare. you should ask to Renfe why they cant offer it.

by the way, the "mesa" fare is the cheaper option in your case because you are 4 and probably booking a bit late, so cheapest tickets have already been sold and due to the dynamic price system now the other fares are more expensive (mesa fare has a fixed price, not dynamic).

New Delhi, India
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Tickets on Renfe from Barcelona to Madrid

Thank you so much for your revert. Your information has been very helpful.. Thanks

New Delhi, India
4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Tickets on Renfe from Barcelona to Madrid

I was actually booking 60 days in advance, so was wondering how the other low fare tickets not available still?

Reply to: Tickets on Renfe from Barcelona to Madrid
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted