We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Online booking of cable car tickets

Fairfield
Level Contributor
9 posts
399 reviews
Online booking of cable car tickets

We are leaving for Spain tomorrow. I tried to book some cable car tickets for the rock at the last minute. I found the website very confusing and contradictory. I ended up with an email of tickets that don't look official at all, and have the date of "all day January 1st 2017". I absolutely used the correct official website and linked there directly from trip advisor. Does anyone know anything about this? Will they honor these? Also the website spoke of a voucher for the bus ride from the frontier, but we received nothing like that in my email. Did I just completely waste my money?

1 reply
Gibraltar
Destination Expert
for Gibraltar
Level Contributor
1,019 posts
28 reviews
1. Re: Online booking of cable car tickets

Businesses in Gibraltar are many many years behind most places in terms of their online presence, shopping, social media etc. It would not surprise me in the slightest if they haven't updated their automated email in over a year, so I wouldn't worry about having been ripped off.

They have a booth/kiosk on the Spain side of the border where you can enquire about the validity of your tickets and get information about your shuttle tickets.

Reply to: Online booking of cable car tickets
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Gibraltar
Recent Conversations