We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

el camino de santiago tours

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
5 posts
131 reviews
Save Topic
el camino de santiago tours

I am planning to walk the last 100 kilometers or so of the Camino de Santiago and would prefer to have the security of a tour of some sort. I have checked the web sites of a few tour operators and am looking most seriously at a group called Marly Tours. Has anyone had experience with their tours, and if so, what has been your experience? Do you have any other recommendations for a Camino tour operator?

71 replies to this topic
O Savinao, Galicia
Destination Expert
for Galicia
Level Contributor
6,165 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: el camino de santiago tours

Read or ask on the dedicated forum for this subject:

www.caminodesantiago.me/board/

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: el camino de santiago tours

I am also interested in walking the last 107 km, I was to get the cert of completion and am just looking forward to the pilgrimage, I want to meet some people along the way. Breathe in life for the for the first time. My husband and my best friend are coming with me .. I think it will be amazing!

Banff, Canada
Destination Expert
for Banff, Banff National Park
Level Contributor
6,397 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: el camino de santiago tours

It will be amazing, Dnvrblond. Do lots of walking before you go, open your heart to new experiences, and enjoy! Buen camino!

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
1 post
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: el camino de santiago tours

We are on Day 5 of a tour with Marly and I can highly recommend them. We are 8 people and put together our own Group starting from the USA where we all live. We met up with Marly in Burgos after a few days of touring on our own in Spain and France.

They have been super with us; a very comfortable and almost new vehicle with room to stretch out. The hotels are generally good; eventually I will post reviews of all of them online but we have really only been disappointed with one choice.

Marly is very flexible; one of our party can barely walk at all whereas several of us have been logging 25 km. a day. They pick people up,wherever the bus can reach and we each have cell phones that they provide to communicate.

I would say that it is also a very good value for money; not the least expensive but considering the level of service and the caliber of the staff a great choice.

Save Reply
5. Re: el camino de santiago tours

I have no ideas on other tour operators except Amawalks from United States. It's the worst tour operator that I have encountered. It's substandard, unprofessional and unethical.

Edited: 13 June 2012, 19:59
Detroit, Michigan
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: el camino de santiago tours

We did the last 100km of the Camino earlier this year from Sarria to Santiago with a company called Walks in Spain and were very satisfied. The accommodation they chose for us was varied and always of a good standard and their recommendations for eating places were always spot on.

We also used their luggage transfer service and they even arranged our transfers to the start and finish of the walk. The driver that met us at the airport, Alfonso was a mine of information that proved invaluable on the Camino. Comparing them with other companies they seemed to be good value too.

Do make the Camino, it really is a trip of a lifetime.

Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
13 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: el camino de santiago tours

I completed the last 100 km of the camino with Marly Tours in July 2012. What a professional group! The driver, guide and his young assistant were amazing. So helpful, friendly, and knowledgeable. By the end of our 8 day tour, our group of 16 had bonded like one large family. This was facilitated by Marly. Everything that has been said in the previous post is correct. The hotels used are wonderful heritage houses. The included meals are representative of the area. The company is very well organized, providing the walkers with detailed laminated map cards on a lanyard, a cell phone to use in case of emergencies , a backpack and hat if you do not have one etc. I loved the way they supported those who struggled to complete the distances each day... not just physically but also spiritually and emotionally. Marly Tours used a brand new mini bus... very comfortable.

The walkers are supported by the Marly employees who plan regular rest stops along the daily walk. They wait with water, snacks, first aid and encouragement.

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Marly Tours. I am so happy that I selected them. They helped me to make my camino a success.... right down to the loan of a pair of their hiking boots off their feet when my boots started to cause trouble. Muchas gracias.

Clarksburg...
Level Contributor
18 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: el camino de santiago tours

I am most glad to find your post. I am looking for a self-guided tour company to take care the hotel reservations and luggage transportation. Do you think the Walk in Spain Camino package is a good value with the services provided? Did you book the 8nights/7walking days tour, and did you have time to enjoy the churches and villages along the way? Thank you in advance for any information you can provide both on this tour company and your walking experience. Thank you.

Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
50 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: el camino de santiago tours

Has anyone used rayotravel.com? It's a Canadian company with lodging and luggage support, but they also provide an iphone with a Spanish SIM card and specialized GPS which includes restaurant and points of interest recommendations. Has anyone used them?

Brooklyn, New York
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: el camino de santiago tours

My husband and I used Walks in Spain in September 2012 and found them very good. Would highly recommend them.

Reply to: el camino de santiago tours
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Santiago de Compostela