We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to park for free the car for a week?

Porto, Portugal
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Where to park for free the car for a week?

I'm traveling to gran canaria Monday 6th from Santiago. I am from Porto. I was thinking traveling by Bus from Porto to SanTiago but the return flight is late and i arrive to Santiago at 11PM. I have a car and thought maybe was the best ideia to go with my car.

So that why the question, anybody now if theres some place that i can park for free and making sure my car still be there for my return?

Thanks in advanced.

4 replies to this topic
Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
63,662 posts
3,726 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to park for free the car for a week?

For security I think you should park in a garage so that nothing happens to your car.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
21,563 posts
287 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to park for free the car for a week?

If you book parking at the airport in advance the cost is less so probably this is easiest.

www.aena.es/en/santiago-airport/index.html

The airport does have a large modern multi storey car park and frankly is in a remote location where you would need a bus or taxi to reach. Of course you must realise that arriving back at a late time would mean that a taxi is only way to get into city.

Porto, Portugal
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to park for free the car for a week?

Thank you for your replies! i checked aena and seems not expensive and for sure it will be more secure!

;)

Santiago de...
9 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to park for free the car for a week?

Free parking is Santiago is pretty much a miracle, and most spots are time-based. Rather book a parking spot of private parking, it´s worth the money.

Reply to: Where to park for free the car for a week?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Santiago de Compostela