We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transport from Santiago to Sarria Aug 2017

ballarat
Level Contributor
83 posts
23 reviews
Transport from Santiago to Sarria Aug 2017

Looking for reasonably priced shuttle from Santiago Airport to Sarria, Aug 2017. As we will have been travelling for over 30 hours, wasn't sure we'd be up to navigating buses and trains, as well as not having any Spanish language skills.

We were quoted 13 English pounds for a private driver but thought that sounded pricy. Any suggestions?

With appreciation

H

O Savinao, Galicia
Destination Expert
for Galicia
Level Contributor
6,843 posts
9 reviews
1. Re: Transport from Santiago to Sarria Aug 2017

Got no idea on the price. We do not use pounds in Spain but the trip will work out to be between 150 and 200€

Everyone takes the bus to Lugo and changes to one for Sarria.

ballarat
Level Contributor
83 posts
23 reviews
2. Re: Transport from Santiago to Sarria Aug 2017

Thank you

Montreal, Canada
8 posts
1 review
3. Re: Transport from Santiago to Sarria Aug 2017

Hi, I'm looking to do the pilgrimage starting August 20th, 2017. I was planning on leaving from Montreal, Quebec on August 18th and getting to Santiago by the 19th. What tour company are you with? It's my first time and trying to figure out if I should do a self-guided tour or go with a small group. There are so many tour companies that I don't know where to start. Any info is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Antonietta

ballarat
Level Contributor
83 posts
23 reviews
4. Re: Transport from Santiago to Sarria Aug 2017

Try Tee Travel, they are based in Sarria, so not sure if they do the whole Camino. They have been great so far.

ballarat
Level Contributor
83 posts
23 reviews
5. Re: Transport from Santiago to Sarria Aug 2017

You will have no problem doing a self guide, there are so many people on the track you will have plenty of company.

San Jose, California
Destination Expert
for California
Level Contributor
18,061 posts
120 reviews
6. Re: Transport from Santiago to Sarria Aug 2017

13 pounds, which is what? Around 20 euro? To drive you 100 km? That sounds awfully cheap. I'd be suspicious of anyone willing to drive so far for so little.

ballarat
Level Contributor
83 posts
23 reviews
7. Re: Transport from Santiago to Sarria Aug 2017

130 pounds, sorry.

Anyway, we are here and have survived our first day, 22 kms.

Buen Camino

County Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
1,989 posts
254 reviews
8. Re: Transport from Santiago to Sarria Aug 2017

What did you do in the end Helen C to get there? We are going the beginning of October and are at the logistics stage now trying to sort how to get from the Airport to Sarria.

ballarat
Level Contributor
83 posts
23 reviews
9. Re: Transport from Santiago to Sarria Aug 2017

We paid the 130 GBP, though l am sure it would be easy to do the bus/train option if you have not travelled 40 hours from Australia!! We gad a great time. Enjoy, buen Camino.

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
25 posts
10. Re: Transport from Santiago to Sarria Aug 2017

My friend and I are flying in to Santiago on morning of Sat Oct 14th. I thought it would be straightforward getting a train or bus from the airport to Sarria but it seems there is nothing that doesn't require changes. Also availability seems much more limited at the weekend. So we are now wondering about hiring a car from the airport and dropping it off in Sarria, as the taxi fare is way beyond our means.

Does anyone have experience and/or advice?

Get answers to your questions about Santiago de Compostela
Recent Conversations