We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Barcelona 4nights/5 days

New York
Level Contributor
43 posts
160 reviews
Barcelona 4nights/5 days

I am planning on Flying into Barcelona, catch a taxi or bus to hotel and do the following:

Day one: cooking or culinary tour

Day two: tour city

Day three: flamenco lesson or show

Day 4: return to airport catch flight to Florence.

Well, now I need help with info on cost of taxi to hotel area near ramblas. any suggestions on one day cooking or one day culinary tours. Suggestions on Flamenco lesson or show.

Suggestions on stores for shoes and purses. Planning November...how is the weather and is it a high season month?

Thanks

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
24,297 posts
303 reviews
1. Re: Barcelona 4nights/5 days

Hola GrisGris!

I don't recall where you are staying but if it's convenient, you can take the Aerobus. Just be prepared to lift your luggage into the bus and put it in the rack. It goes to Placa Catalunya, with a few stops along Gran Via de les Cortes Catalanes.

Taxi should be less than 30 euros, including 1 euro per piece of luggage. If you don't speak Spanish or Catalan, you can write your hotel name and address on a piece of paper for the driver.

I've already given you ideas for the cooking and other tours.

For flamenco, I highly recommend the show at El Tablao de Carmen. It's in the Poble Espanyol (Spanish Village) on Montjuic. Although flamenco is not exactly a Catalan tradition, this show is of good quality and not so touristy as some of the others (I don't like shows which include all-you-can-eat buffets and which are held in large auditoria). Here's my review from last summer plus El Tablao de Carmen's website, where you can buy online. Tickets give you free access to the Poble Espanyol 45 min. before the show. If you choose the 7:30 pm show (drinks + ticket only), you can see the Magic Fountain afterwards. El Tablao de Carmen is named after Carmen Amaya, a great flamenco artist who was born in Barcelona.

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g187497-d244…

http://www.tablaodecarmen.com/

For flamenco lessons, I can only think of Flora Albaicin. She also has a flamenco shop off of Las Ramblas, in case you want to buy some flamenco-related gear. It's not a fancy shop and they don't seem too interested in tourists, which is ironic since they are located in the most touristy part of town. I wanted to get a hair clip or 2 (was having a very BAD hair day, ha ha) but they didn't sell any clips -- only flowers, shoes, clothing, fans, shawls etc.

The flamenco school is up in Sarria.

http://www.flora-albaicin.com/

Edited: 07 August 2011, 07:05
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
24,297 posts
303 reviews
2. Re: Barcelona 4nights/5 days

Have you heard of Cook&Taste? Here's an article about it from barcelonareporter.com. It's rated on TA too.

www.barcelonareporter.com/index.php…

3. Re: Barcelona 4nights/5 days

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2012, 01:48