We're arriving in Barcelona tomorrow (last-minute deal) and I'd appreciate some quick advice if possible :-). We'll be staying near the Catalonia Plaza for five days.
We're looking for fun, active things to do that aren't TOO expensive.
1. Bike trips in the city - sounds like something we'd really enjoy - any recommendations for a specific biking company?
2. Day trip to Montserrat - I'm confused about the tickets. I'd like to take the cable car up, and I've heard there's a funicular train that goes further up the mountain, and we can walk back down to the monastery. Is this funicular ride included in the price of the Trans Montserrat ticket? Is it worth doing? What train exactly should we ask for when we get there?
3. It would be great to have some recommendations of good, inexpensive places where we can get a "daily deal" lunch.
4. What "street food" is not to miss in Barcelona?
5. A favorite cafe for people watching?
Thanks so much!