We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

is there a beach in barcelona?

melbourne, australia
Level Contributor
4 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
is there a beach in barcelona?

Is there a nice beach in barcelona?

Level Contributor
1,334 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: is there a beach in barcelona?

Here is a guide to beaches in Barcelona:

Level Contributor
10 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: is there a beach in barcelona?

There are beaches in the city, Barcelonetta is the nicest and most popular. That said, it pales in comparison to the beaches in the nearby cities. We went to Barcelonetta... it was pretty (not white sand pretty like in the US gulf coast, but pretty), but it was crowded, and frankly it was dirty (plastic floating in the water).

If you want to do a beach day in Barcelona, I HIGHLY recommend taking the 40 minute train to Sitges. The beach and town are gorgeous. There is a good mix of family and hip young people. Well worth it... beautiful, scenic city. The pictures I saw from Sitges did not do it justice.

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
9,242 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: is there a beach in barcelona?

Barceloneta (with only one 't') is the most popular city beach, as its the closer to the city centre (actually 10-15 minutes walking from the end of Las Ramblas or El Born), but no way the nicest one in town! As said above, its awfully crowded in summer, not that clean (when not plain dirty) and you will be bothered every 5 minutes by someone selling trinkets, drinks or massages

If you walk a bit more, or take the metro to Poblenou, you have much nicer and cleaner beaches, still not leaving the city.

Sitges is a popular day / half-day trip for both tourists and locals. Even better beaches in the next town, Vilanova i la Geltrú. Or, going North, you have plenty of nice towns with great beaches too as Sant Pol de Mar, Caldetes...

West Hollywood...
Level Contributor
307 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: is there a beach in barcelona?

There are plent of beaches. Just rent a bike from port vell and ride the path until you see a place you like. I did it twice this week and had a good time.

Estero, Florida
Level Contributor
89 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: is there a beach in barcelona?

Also, the further out you go, the less clothing you need to wear!

The water is quite choppy and it was windy when we were there at the beginning of July.

6. Re: is there a beach in barcelona?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2012, 12:48
Still have questions?
Post your own question so other travellers can help.
Ask a question