We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Barcelona 3.5 days !

Mumbai
Level Contributor
72 posts
31 reviews
Barcelona 3.5 days !

Hey..

m going to barcelona with my wife for 3 nights, only doing barcelona in spain. What would be recommended to be done in those 3 days.. Do you reckon we drive to costa brava for a day tour or stay thr for 1 out of the 3 nights in barcelona?

thnx

USA
Level Contributor
1,334 posts
3 reviews
1. Re: Barcelona 3.5 days !

I think with only 3 days I would not do any day trips, assuming this is your first trip to Barcelona. Take a look at the FAQs to the right, specifically "What are the Must See sights in Barcelona" and let us know what looked interesting and generally what types of interest you have (art, architecture, shopping, eating, nightlife). That will make it easier for folks to make suggestions.

Mumbai
Level Contributor
72 posts
31 reviews
2. Re: Barcelona 3.5 days !

Hi Oopsy,

Thanks a ton for the reply...Well are are interested in architecture and nightlife more importantly.. We were also thinking to visit the following places in the order of importance..

1. Bunol for the Tomartina Festival

2. Montserrat, for the Monastery

3. Costa Brava, for the scenic drive. I wanted to check if the drive from Barcelona to Bunol (via Valencia) is equally good or is it worth driving to Costa Brava when u are already doing the Barcelona to Valencia drive.

many thanks

Barcelona
Level Contributor
838 posts
3. Re: Barcelona 3.5 days !

I think that you are trying to cram too much in 3 1/5 days, specially the Tomatina Festival which is near Valencia. My advice will be to stick to Barcelona (and Montserrat) but, if you want to go outside, I would go to either Buñol or Costa Brava. Bear in mind that the scenery in Costa Brava is a lot nicer than down South but, as your prime interest is nightlife, I guess you will enjoy the tomato fight.

Estero, Florida
Level Contributor
168 posts
210 reviews
4. Re: Barcelona 3.5 days !

We were just in Barcelona for a week; and the architecture will engross you throughout. And, there is nothing but nightlife in Spain!

Montserrat was worthwhile, but it's basically a day trip--with your short time, I wouldn't plan on it.

I just posted our recent trip under the heading: Report on a great active itinerary

Picture gallery: https:/…

5. Re: Barcelona 3.5 days !

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2012, 08:48