We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traveling First Time To Barcelona

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
381 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Traveling First Time To Barcelona

My partner and I, both in our early 40's, are looking to travel Barcelona for the first time. Started looking at accommodations and are considering staying at the Barcelona Universal Hotel.

Is this hotel centrally located for first time sight seeing and getting around?

Also, would appreciate any and all suggestions. Looking to stay there 6-7 nights.

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
49 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
41. Re: Traveling First Time To Barcelona

I don´t know them. I only saw several comentaries on the web. You can do the same.

; ))

Texas
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
42. Re: Traveling First Time To Barcelona

Are there trains that go from Narbonne, France to Barcelona? I've tried to pull them up on RailEurope but, cannot get a fare to appear. I know there is a new rail station in Figueres Vilafant where we would need to change trains, could it be the station is not open yet?

Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Newcastle upon Tyne, Bamburi, Mtwapa
Level Contributor
15,829 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
43. Re: Traveling First Time To Barcelona

Hi,

There seems to be one train a day, and it doesn't look like you have to change trains.

On the RENFE site select 'Ver todas las estaciones' select 'N' and then select Narbonne, then select 'B' and then Barcelona

http://www.renfe.com/viajeros/index.html

Edited: 26 July 2011, 11:02
Washington, DC
Level Contributor
381 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
44. Re: Traveling First Time To Barcelona

Ruth_6807 - thanks for the great suggestions :-)

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
381 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
45. Re: Traveling First Time To Barcelona

Came across another highly recommended hotel; Hotel Europark on Carrer D’Arago in the Eixample District.

Anyone else stayed there?

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
381 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
46. Re: Traveling First Time To Barcelona

Anyone familiar with the Hotel Europark on Carrer D’Arago in the Eixample District?

47. Re: Traveling First Time To Barcelona

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2012, 02:48