We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

R5-Barcelona-Manresa

Madrid
Level Contributor
33 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
R5-Barcelona-Manresa

Hello, I have a question about Montserrat. I know I have to take R5 from the Plaza España train station but I cant find any information online about the timetable of the train. I know it departs every hour but is it every hour on the hour and does it run the same on the weekends. How much does it cost?

Also what stop do I have to get off on to take the cable car?

There are several stops with the name Manresa.

How long do I need to visit Montserrat.

Cheers!!

Boston...
Level Contributor
208 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: R5-Barcelona-Manresa

Hi ginger_2501,

Here is the timetable for the R5:

fgc.es/downloads/…bcn_manresa.pdf

You'll probably end up buying a combo ticket that includes your cable car ride and possibly other things as well. A good site that will detail your choices is:

barcelona-tourist-guide.com/en/tour/montserr…

The train stop is called Montserrat - Aeri (or Aeri de Montserrat).

The length of your visit can vary by what you plan on doing once you are up at the monastery. There are hiking trails as well as two funiculars that allow you to explore many different parts of the mountain. I think most people would say allow at least a half-day to explore and enjoy Montserrat.

2. Re: R5-Barcelona-Manresa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 February 2011, 12:46