We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

TRANSPORTATION from Barcelona to Palma de Mallorca??

lutz,fl
Level Contributor
79 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
TRANSPORTATION from Barcelona to Palma de Mallorca??

What kind of transportation is there from Barcelona to Mallorca and approx. cost per person? What to see & do in Mallorca. What area of Mallorca is a good place to stay, close to attractions etc..??

Blackpool, United...
Level Contributor
2,090 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: TRANSPORTATION from Barcelona to Palma de Mallorca??

1.........Flight or Ferry, various prices.

2.........Shop,Eat out,Tour,Golf,Party,Sunbathe,Chill.

3.........Palma,Illetas or Puerto Portals.

lutz,fl
Level Contributor
79 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: TRANSPORTATION from Barcelona to Palma de Mallorca??

Thank you for replying.

I am interested in knowing the COST on BOTH flight and/or ferry?

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
9,242 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: TRANSPORTATION from Barcelona to Palma de Mallorca??

maribel, it's impossible to give you prices as these change depending on companies, season, how much in advance you buy these, special deals, time of the trip....

check www.trabber.con and www.aferry.com and check your travel dates

www.illesbalears.es/ing/majorca/home.jsp

for what to see and do (even I still think that nothing can beat the old fashioned travel guidebooks....)

lutz,fl
Level Contributor
79 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: TRANSPORTATION from Barcelona to Palma de Mallorca??

Dear Belsita,

Thank you for responding.

We will be in Barcelona mid March.

Tonight I also posted a question reference transportation between Barcelona (BCN) and Madrid (MAD) asking what the price of a train ticket (all classes) might be. Can you suggest WHICH would be the better place to visit, after Barcelona, MADRID or Palma de Mallorca, for approximately 3/4 days?

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
9,242 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: TRANSPORTATION from Barcelona to Palma de Mallorca??

maribel,

for Barcelona-Madrid you can check the train prices at www.renfe.com

They don't give date more than 2 months in advance, but both timetables and prices should be not very different from the current ones. The only change would be in case the AVE line was finished bu the time of your trips (with all the delays and problems with this line, who knows??). If the AVE is already arriving to Barcelona by mid-march the total trip time will be less than 3 hours, and the price I guess a bit higher than the current Altaria trains

But regarding "which one is better, Madrid or Mallorca" I'm afraid no one can give you an answer. OK, we all can give you our own opinion... mine is that I loved both, but these are so different that I would repeat any of them without hesitation, but choosing one of other depending on my mood/kind of vacation I was willing to have. Is not even like comparing apples with pears.... is like comparing cherries wit melons!! ;o)) Both are good holiday destinations, but so different that I would not dare to say one is better than the other. You should get more info about both and decide which one is better for YOU (or even for you in the particular context of this trip). If you can't decide... throw a coin!

6. Re: TRANSPORTATION from Barcelona to Palma de Mallorca??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 September 2009, 23:47