We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Barcelona to Dali museum and Girona

los angeles...
Level Contributor
35 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Barcelona to Dali museum and Girona

Looking for a day tour, does anyone have a recommendation for a tour that takes you to the Dali Museum and Girona? I'm uncomfortable driving myself there, and figuring out the train system sounds confusing.

Mentioned in this post
Girona
Girona
Province of Girona, Spain
8 replies to this topic
San Diego...
Level Contributor
190 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Barcelona to Dali museum and Girona

When are you in Barcelona? We are taking a day trip that we booked thru Get your Guide but I think the company is Inside Travel Barcelona Tours that actually does the tour. We are going Nov. 4 and I'm not sure how many they take on the tour but it said small group. You might try to check with them and see if they have a tour when you're there?

Mentioned in this post
Barcelona
Barcelona
Province of Barcelona, Spain
Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
68,821 posts
3,765 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Barcelona to Dali museum and Girona

Most hotels offer this tour.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
5,786 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Barcelona to Dali museum and Girona

There is no reason to go on a tour. Just get on the train and go.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
59,906 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Barcelona to Dali museum and Girona

From Barcelona, trains go direct to both Girona and Figueres. There is no need to drive.

Dali Museum doesn't require a guide for sure though you *must* buy your tickets online in advance.

For Girona, if you want to join a tour, do so locally. There are tours you can book online in advance so you just go to the meeting point.

Mentioned in this post
Barcelona
Barcelona
Girona
Girona
Figueres
Figueres
los angeles...
Level Contributor
35 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Barcelona to Dali museum and Girona

Departing Barcelona for a week in denia, should we take the train to Valencia, then rent a car for the week? Or rnt in Barcelona and drive the entire way to denia?

Thank you

Mentioned in this post
Barcelona
Barcelona
Valencia
Valencia
Province of Valencia, Spain
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
5,786 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Barcelona to Dali museum and Girona

it is mostly a matter of personal preference. I would never drive anywhere I can take the train, unless I want to make stops along the way. It's also what I would consider a long drive (4+ hrs from BCN, vs 1+ hour from Valencia).

The train is not fast so it is about the same either way to Valencia.

Mentioned in this post
Barcelona-El Prat Airport
Barcelona-El Prat Airport
El Prat de Llobregat, Spain
Valencia
Valencia
Province of Valencia, Spain
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
36 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Barcelona to Dali museum and Girona

I'm also interested in taking a train from Barcelona to the Dali Museum in Figueres and then to Girona with a return the same day. I see schedules for round trip options to both locations but I would like to go to Figueres first and then stop in Girona on my return. I don't see a mult-stop option. Is this possible or do I have to book these stops separately? Additionally, is this too ambitious for a day trip?

thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Barcelona
Barcelona
Figueres
Figueres
Girona
Girona
Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
4,289 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Barcelona to Dali museum and Girona

You can do it better with Rodalies local trains: they stop at Figueres city centre station. High speed trains (AVE-Avant) stop outside Figueres city centre.

MD trains are really good and modern. Have a look at Rodalies website: rodalies.gencat.cat (line R11).

You do not need to prebook, just turn up and go at the ticket office or orange machines 10-15 before the train departs. You buy the tickets from A to B, buy separetly.

Reply to: Barcelona to Dali museum and Girona
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted