We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Barcelona to Dali museum and Girona

los angeles...
Level Contributor
21 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Barcelona to Dali museum and Girona

Looking for a day tour, does anyone have a recommendation for a tour that takes you to the Dali Museum and Girona? I'm uncomfortable driving myself there, and figuring out the train system sounds confusing.

8 replies to this topic
San Diego...
Level Contributor
189 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Barcelona to Dali museum and Girona

When are you in Barcelona? We are taking a day trip that we booked thru Get your Guide but I think the company is Inside Travel Barcelona Tours that actually does the tour. We are going Nov. 4 and I'm not sure how many they take on the tour but it said small group. You might try to check with them and see if they have a tour when you're there?

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
60,592 posts
3,653 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Barcelona to Dali museum and Girona

Most hotels offer this tour.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
4,819 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Barcelona to Dali museum and Girona

There is no reason to go on a tour. Just get on the train and go.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
54,059 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Barcelona to Dali museum and Girona

From Barcelona, trains go direct to both Girona and Figueres. There is no need to drive.

Dali Museum doesn't require a guide for sure though you *must* buy your tickets online in advance.

For Girona, if you want to join a tour, do so locally. There are tours you can book online in advance so you just go to the meeting point.

los angeles...
Level Contributor
21 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Barcelona to Dali museum and Girona

Departing Barcelona for a week in denia, should we take the train to Valencia, then rent a car for the week? Or rnt in Barcelona and drive the entire way to denia?

Thank you

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
4,819 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Barcelona to Dali museum and Girona

it is mostly a matter of personal preference. I would never drive anywhere I can take the train, unless I want to make stops along the way. It's also what I would consider a long drive (4+ hrs from BCN, vs 1+ hour from Valencia).

The train is not fast so it is about the same either way to Valencia.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
36 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Barcelona to Dali museum and Girona

I'm also interested in taking a train from Barcelona to the Dali Museum in Figueres and then to Girona with a return the same day. I see schedules for round trip options to both locations but I would like to go to Figueres first and then stop in Girona on my return. I don't see a mult-stop option. Is this possible or do I have to book these stops separately? Additionally, is this too ambitious for a day trip?

thanks!

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
3,304 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Barcelona to Dali museum and Girona

You can do it better with Rodalies local trains: they stop at Figueres city centre station. High speed trains (AVE-Avant) stop outside Figueres city centre.

MD trains are really good and modern. Have a look at Rodalies website: rodalies.gencat.cat (line R11).

You do not need to prebook, just turn up and go at the ticket office or orange machines 10-15 before the train departs. You buy the tickets from A to B, buy separetly.

Reply to: Barcelona to Dali museum and Girona
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted