We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From Madrid To Segovia by La Sepulvedana bus company

From Madrid To Segovia by La Sepulvedana bus company

Hi , I will take day trip to Segovia by la Sepulvedana bus in this summer . I think the bus station at Avda de Acueducto s/n Segovia is correct ? I want to go to old town ( Azorguejo plaza del) .please provide a number of buses to Acueducto Romano ?

Thanks

14 replies to this topic
London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
23,797 posts
292 reviews
1. Re: From Madrid To Segovia by La Sepulvedana bus company

See the walking route on Google map here

https://goo.gl/maps/WU5UkSPefcm

Madrid, Spain
Level Contributor
443 posts
16 reviews
2. Re: From Madrid To Segovia by La Sepulvedana bus company

The old town is right by the bus stop listed. It is right by the McDonalds and Burger King. On the other side of the acqueducts, there is the old town. You walk right under them. Tourist information and roilets are also right there.

The whole area is pretty walkable. If you have problems with walking on hills, it might be a bit of a challenge.

I haven't taken the bus as I prefer the train. Others who have had really liked it. I might suggest a motion sickness pill if you're prone to motion sickness as you cross the mountains.

3. Re: From Madrid To Segovia by La Sepulvedana bus company

Thank you for your information

Segovia, Spain
Level Contributor
60 posts
1 review
4. Re: From Madrid To Segovia by La Sepulvedana bus company

hi!

Let me start from the beginning. The bus to Segovia will end in the bus station of Segovia. There are two stops along the way: one at the northern end of town, and the second and final one is in the bus terminal. The SECOND stop is what you want; this is the stop inside of the bus terminal. This leaves you right next to the major sites, whereas the first stop is farther away

The bus station is situated right in the heart of the old town, so you will not need to look for any form of public transportation. In fact, you can see the aqueduct from the bus station, dead serious. All you do is follow one road for two minutes, and you're literally standing in front of the aqueduct. It's nearly impossible to get lost or have troubles finding it.

And with response to the other reply, I would respectfully disagree and not take the train (unless you really do not like public busses)

I say this for a few reasons: First, the bus only takes about a half hour longer than the train, but the train does not drop you off near the old town, so any time saved taking the train will be spent getting to the heart of the city from the train station (whereas the bus drops you off directly there).

And second, the train costs a lot more than the bus.

Again, if you really would prefer a train then i won't argue. But if you dont mind busses, i find it a far better option

Chicago, Illinois
1 post
5. Re: From Madrid To Segovia by La Sepulvedana bus company

HI. Is there a specific bus company that travels to Segovia or is it just a public service bus? Are they like school buses or coaches?

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Segovia, Spain
Level Contributor
60 posts
1 review
6. Re: From Madrid To Segovia by La Sepulvedana bus company

Smehta6:

It is a public bus service. If you leave from Madrid Moncloa station, you will be on a bus from the company named La Sepulvedana (as in the title). From Moncloa they are basically the only station that goes to Segovia, so chances are you're on that bus. But it's not like a private company with its own bus terminal and whatnot. I hope that makes sense.

They are coach busses. Seats are far comfier than school busses.

Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
70,568 posts
3,788 reviews
7. Re: From Madrid To Segovia by La Sepulvedana bus company

For trains:

https:/…Buying.Renfe.Tickets.Online.html

4 posts
8. Re: From Madrid To Segovia by La Sepulvedana bus company

I've tried to find timetable and ticket purchasing information on https://lasepulvedana.es/ but it doesn't list Madrid or Segovia in the origin and destination selections. Any suggestions?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
43 posts
6 reviews
9. Re: From Madrid To Segovia by La Sepulvedana bus company

Hi Kathy D,

I have a same problem as you have.

I found the another company who has the same route from Madrid Moncloa to Segovia Estacio with better price and little longer travel time. Here is the address, https://www.avanzabus.com/

I hope it would be helpful for you.

4 posts
10. Re: From Madrid To Segovia by La Sepulvedana bus company

Thank you, Joo chan K. I have to wait before tickets are available on the dates we plan to travel in September, but the website you provided is very helpful. Thanks, again!

Reply to: From Madrid To Segovia by La Sepulvedana bus company
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted