We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus from Madrid to Segovia.

Wayne, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
21 posts
4 reviews
Bus from Madrid to Segovia.

Hello. I would like to take the La Sepulvedana line from Madrid to Segovia, on a Sat afternoon.

May I have advise on the departure bus station in Madrid, please? Do I purchase tickets on line or at the station a little earlier than departure?

Thank you so much for the assistance.

12 replies to this topic
Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Zadar
Level Contributor
1,784 posts
2 reviews
1. Re: Bus from Madrid to Segovia.

I'm also interested to know the answer. I think I know but am not sure if it is correct. Thanks.

Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
71,919 posts
3,813 reviews
2. Re: Bus from Madrid to Segovia.

I would take the train.

https:/…Buying.Renfe.Tickets.Online.html

London, United...
Level Contributor
24,035 posts
292 reviews
3. Re: Bus from Madrid to Segovia.

The advice about taking the train ignores the question totally.

Take look at this thread

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g18751…

The Sepulvedana bus link with Segovia has always been a very sensible way to travel.

New York City, New...
1 post
4. Re: Bus from Madrid to Segovia.

I traveled to Segovia from Madrid last month, and bought a ticket from Le Sepulvedana in advance. I was surprised to find when I arrived to the station that the bus actually leaves from Moncloa (accessible by the tren circular). You may buy your tickets online or in Moncloa. Then head up the escalator to the platform 8/9 level 1. THe platform names are very confusing so make sure the screen says Segovia. People in the station are very helpful.

Wayne, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
21 posts
4 reviews
5. Re: Bus from Madrid to Segovia.

Thank you so much for all the help and advice!

4 posts
6. Re: Bus from Madrid to Segovia.

I've checked http://www.lasepulvedana.es/ and haven't been able to buy bus tickets because Madrid and Segovia are not in the cities listed for origin and destination.

Any suggestions?

Lawrence, Kansas
1 post
7. Re: Bus from Madrid to Segovia.

I emailed La Sepulvedana and received an answer that Avanza is the company handling bus travel between Madrid and Segovia, effective August 8, 2018. Here's the website: https://www.avanzabus.com/

Edited: 17 August 2018, 22:21
NY
Level Contributor
31 posts
8. Re: Bus from Madrid to Segovia.

What station should be used in Segovia ( there are 3 different names of station on website)

4 posts
9. Re: Bus from Madrid to Segovia.

The stations to use are Madrid Moncloa and Segovia Estacio. Bus ride is 1hr 20minutes. Roundtrip tickets cost 11.10 euros (without trip insurance).

Muscat, Oman
Level Contributor
17 posts
14 reviews
10. Re: Bus from Madrid to Segovia.

We visited Segovia from Madrid by La Sepulvidana bus. We didn't book a train ticket in advance as we were not sure if we would be able to fit it in our itnerary. Madrid itself has lots to see and we had 3days only. So glad that we could make it on the afternoon of the third day. We reached Moncloa by metro from Atocha and the bus station Intercambiador was a floor above as far as I remember. People at the station n shops are very helpful and guide well enough. Buses leave every one hour or so. So we took the bus at 2:30 afternoon. At the Segovia estacion, there is a tourist office and the lady was extremely helpful and advised us to buy the return ticket and then go sight-seeing. So we bought the return tickets for the bus at 9pm. It was all very smooth.

Segovia is a place not to be missed. We didnot do the cathedral but the Aquaduct and Alcazar are truly awesome. Took the tower tickets in the Alcazar to get views of Segovia but I felt we could have given that a miss as it was a good climb! Also had the special suckling pig/lamb and the lipsmacking segovian punch at Meson de Candida.

Reply to: Bus from Madrid to Segovia.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted