We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Studying Spanish in Salamanca

Saudi Arabia
2 posts
Studying Spanish in Salamanca

Greetings All,

I am planning to come to Salamanca to study Spanish for 3 weeks but I am not sure to which school I go to and you feedback will be very appreciated and valuable.

I am considering the following:

1-Salamanca University Spanish

2-Spanish School Salamanca ISLA

3-Aunt Tula College Spanish

4- Tia Tula

4 replies to this topic
Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
72,882 posts
3,830 reviews
3,424 helpful votes
1. Re: Studying Spanish in Salamanca

I would choose the University.

Saudi Arabia
2 posts
2. Re: Studying Spanish in Salamanca

Hi Benny,

Is this based on a preference to go to university instead of a special Spanish school or is it because you have heard good stuff about their program ?

Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
8 helpful votes
3. Re: Studying Spanish in Salamanca

Hi there, i spent 2 months at the uni of Salamanca last year. I had 2 amazing teachers but the rest were very hit and miss. Teachers changed for the samed program all the time and all you get are photocopies to work on.

This year i figured I'd give something else a try. I went to Colegio de Espana. In one week i learnt more than i did in the first 4 weeks of beginner esp at the uni summer course. Have a proper workbook and exercise book..and the classes are grt.

Just my thought...enjoy Salamanca 😁

Edited: 01 August 2018, 01:30
3 posts
2 reviews
4. Re: Studying Spanish in Salamanca

I recently got back from an intensive course in Salamanca studying at Tia Tula (Aunt Tula). For me, I was looking for a school that would offer small class sizes so I would get to actually practice my spanish, well-educated teachers who knew how to make me understand even when classes were taught fully in spanish, plus activities to get to know others as I was travelling on my own. I found all of this at Tia Tula, and was so happy I chose this place. The school is modern with new facilities, located right in the middle of town (Salamanca is small so you can walk everywhere, but this made it handy to get food on lunch breaks). The classes were a great mix of grammar, culture and conversation, with listening exercises too. The textbook is included and is a great resource after you leave. I found choosing a school the hardest part, so I wrote a bit of a guide based on my experiences, hopefully it will help other students! https:/…best-way-learn-spanish-salamanca

Reply to: Studying Spanish in Salamanca
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted