We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Leon to Zamora by bus

Ksu
Moscow
Level Contributor
39 posts
31 reviews
Leon to Zamora by bus

Could somebody tell me if there is a regular direct bus connection between Leon and Zamora (and by which company). I cannot find anything on the Internet, and there are no direct trains between the two.

Thank you very much in advance for your help.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
9,278 posts
14 reviews
1. Re: Leon to Zamora by bus

You should be able to book your tickets at www.movelia.es/

Ksu
Moscow
Level Contributor
39 posts
31 reviews
2. Re: Leon to Zamora by bus

Thank you but this site has no direct routes for Leon-Zamora, it just proposes instead something like Ponferrada-Zamora or Astorga-Zamora. Unfortunately, it does not cover all the bus operators in Spain.

Santander
Level Contributor
68 posts
3. Re: Leon to Zamora by bus

This company covers the route:

http://www.autocaresvivas.es/

Santander
Level Contributor
68 posts
4. Re: Leon to Zamora by bus

Look timetables:

www.galeon.com/pagina_zamora/leonzamora.pdf

Maybe are old.

But i think you are not going to have any problem buying the tickets at the bus station in Leon.

Ksu
Moscow
Level Contributor
39 posts
31 reviews
5. Re: Leon to Zamora by bus

Thank you, urnavoto! I must be doing something wrong, though, as I cannot find the route Leon-Zamora on this website.

Actually, I don't really think I need to buy tickets in advance - I just wanted to make sure that there are morning buses from Leon to Zamora and that they run frequently enough.

Ksu
Usa, Japan
Level Contributor
506 posts
6. Re: Leon to Zamora by bus

That is strange...the last link given is to a PDF. It has the route you want on there.

Maybe you need a PDF reader on your PC?

Ksu
Moscow
Level Contributor
39 posts
31 reviews
7. Re: Leon to Zamora by bus

Yumlogger, no-no-no, I meant the first one. The second link is ok - just what I need, but urnavoto seemed unsure as to how old this schedule is, it might be out-of-date.

Ksu
Usa, Japan
Level Contributor
506 posts
8. Re: Leon to Zamora by bus

That is the trouble with Spanish companies they do not keep websites updated. For example I have seen websites for hotels which have prices and seasons dating back several years.

Public services at times are no better.

9. Re: Leon to Zamora by bus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 September 2010, 09:48
Get answers to your questions about Castile and Leon