We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train to Toledo

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
30 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Train to Toledo

My partner and I will be visiting Toledo for one night in July. We are planning on catching the train from Madrid.

Is in necessary to pre book online or can we buy tickets from the train station the day before? If we buy them at the station will they cost a lot more?

Thanks in advance!

4 replies to this topic
Vilnius, Lithuania
Level Contributor
2,074 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Train to Toledo

The round trip to Toledo is 20.60 euro, there are no discounts for web purchase. You can buy your return tickets in the station on the day.

AVANT trains leave from Atocha station.

https:/…Day.Trip.To.Toledo.html

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
20,522 posts
275 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Train to Toledo

The article linked in previous reply does state that "one can buy tickets 62 days in advance. It is best to buy the tickets early because these trains get filled up since they are also commuter trains"

That advice seems to infer that 62 days before the day of travel from Atocha to Toledo is a good time to buy tickets to avoid disappointment.

The article then adds the sentence "It is possible to buy at short notice if there are available seats.

So some confusion does persist about going by train to Toledo.

Does buying train seats on this shuttle route depend on the individual travellers own schedule and plans and the actual load capacity of the Toledo trains? It may well be the case that some trains are much busier for example early trains may be busier than mid morning or afternoon ones. It is also the case that Atocha is a large station and for visitors buying tickets on the same day it can be confusing.

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
30 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Train to Toledo

Thanks guys. I think I will just buy online in advance so I don't have to worry about buying them at the station or missing out.

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
60,699 posts
3,654 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Train to Toledo

For trains:

https:/…Buying.Renfe.Tickets.Online.html

Reply to: Train to Toledo
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted