We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How much time at Toledo

N K
Chennai, India
Level Contributor
121 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
How much time at Toledo

I am visiting Spain with my family this May. I wish to do a tour of my own. How much time is adequate to explore Toledo, if I am not planning to enter any museum? I plan to reach by train from Madrid, arriving Toledo at 9.23 am. Most of the "conducted tours" talk about half a day in Toledo. So, if I plan to take a train by around 3.15 pm, am I giving myself adequate time? Thanks in advance

4 replies to this topic
Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
60,639 posts
3,653 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How much time at Toledo

I would take a train after 6 pm to give you enough time to see everything and not feel rushed. There is so much to see in this fascinating city!

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How much time at Toledo

Hi, not sure if you've had your question answered yet. I did a half day tour of Toledo from my hotel in Madrid. A bus picked us up at 8:30am and we were to Toledo by 9:30. Some people opted for the full day tour, continuing on after my group left around 1pm. I felt like 3-4 hours was plenty of time to walk around the interior of the walls, go in a few churches, and cross over the beautiful bridge & take pictures. You could even rent a bike when you get there if you wanted to be able to move a little faster. But you will be fine walking. Enjoy your trip!! (Keep a very close eye on your wallet/purse at all times!!)

N K
Chennai, India
Level Contributor
121 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How much time at Toledo

Thanks a lot. I shall plan accordingly. And thanks for the advice on the wallet.

Regards

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: How much time at Toledo

I believe one day trip is enough to see the main sights of Toledo.For tips on which places to visit you can check my blog post: https:/…

Reply to: How much time at Toledo
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted