We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How much time at Toledo

N K
Chennai, India
Level Contributor
186 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
How much time at Toledo

I am visiting Spain with my family this May. I wish to do a tour of my own. How much time is adequate to explore Toledo, if I am not planning to enter any museum? I plan to reach by train from Madrid, arriving Toledo at 9.23 am. Most of the "conducted tours" talk about half a day in Toledo. So, if I plan to take a train by around 3.15 pm, am I giving myself adequate time? Thanks in advance

Mentioned in this post
Spain
Spain
Europe
Toledo
Toledo
Province of Toledo, Spain
Madrid
Madrid
Community of Madrid, Spain
Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
68,750 posts
3,765 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How much time at Toledo

I would take a train after 6 pm to give you enough time to see everything and not feel rushed. There is so much to see in this fascinating city!

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How much time at Toledo

Hi, not sure if you've had your question answered yet. I did a half day tour of Toledo from my hotel in Madrid. A bus picked us up at 8:30am and we were to Toledo by 9:30. Some people opted for the full day tour, continuing on after my group left around 1pm. I felt like 3-4 hours was plenty of time to walk around the interior of the walls, go in a few churches, and cross over the beautiful bridge & take pictures. You could even rent a bike when you get there if you wanted to be able to move a little faster. But you will be fine walking. Enjoy your trip!! (Keep a very close eye on your wallet/purse at all times!!)

Mentioned in this post
Toledo
Toledo
Madrid
Madrid
Community of Madrid, Spain
N K
Chennai, India
Level Contributor
186 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How much time at Toledo

Thanks a lot. I shall plan accordingly. And thanks for the advice on the wallet.

Regards

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: How much time at Toledo

I believe one day trip is enough to see the main sights of Toledo.For tips on which places to visit you can check my blog post: https:/…

Mentioned in this post
Toledo
Toledo
5. Re: How much time at Toledo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 March 2018, 11:48