We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Two days to spend in either Toledo or Segovia

lennox head
Level Contributor
8 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Two days to spend in either Toledo or Segovia

Husband and myself (70's enjoy history, walking, markets, etc.) have 2 days extra to spend - thought we would make it either Toledo or Segovia. Any advice? Accomodation advice also appreciated.

5 replies to this topic
Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
60,639 posts
3,653 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Two days to spend in either Toledo or Segovia

There is much more to see in Toledo than Segovia. Read the top questions in the Toledo forum.

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Two days to spend in either Toledo or Segovia

I would recommend Toledo, I believe you will have time to see the most important attractions there in 2 days. I would suggest Oasis Backpackers Hostel for accommodation.

In case you would like to know which places to visit you can check this:

https:/…

Rotterdam, The...
Level Contributor
414 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Two days to spend in either Toledo or Segovia

I have been to both and I would recommend Toledo. It is more lively with locals. Segovia to me it felt like an open air museum with mostly tourists. The aquaduct there was impressive but after a few hours I had seen enough. In Toledo I spent 3 or 4 days and could have enjoyed it for longer. Lots of nice restaurants, good museums and synagogues with exhibitions, the ancient bridge, the cute maze of streets, nice shopping, and as said the amount of locals is nicer.

I stayed in one of the cutest apartments I ever stayed in, in the very center. Small but beautiful, charming place and super friendly owner. And at a good price. Let me know in case you want the link. (I do believe 2 nights is the minimum.)

Edited: 14 January 2017, 04:14
Rotterdam, The...
Level Contributor
414 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Two days to spend in either Toledo or Segovia

P.S. See my advice about the escalators in this post: https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g18748…

Don't waste money and time on a bus or taxi once in Toledo.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Two days to spend in either Toledo or Segovia

Hi Susan

thank you for very detailed information re Toledo. I would like to take you up re the link to the apartment you stayed in - thanks a lot

Reply to: Two days to spend in either Toledo or Segovia
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted