We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with hotel choice please

Ireland, UK
Level Contributor
3,095 posts
116 reviews
Save Topic
Help with hotel choice please

Have been looking at TA reviews for a hotel and most have mixed reviews .

We stay long term winter in the South but next year it’s my husbands 70 th and I thought it would be nice to spend a couple of days in Puerto as we both love it . Would like to be within walking distance of centre and have parking . Have looked at Sol Costa Atlantis and Best Semiramis ,both get mixed reviews . Would eat in Puerto both nights so food in hotel wouldn’t be important.

Would appreciate any suggestions.

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Puerto Palace
Hotel Puerto Palace
899 Reviews
Tenerife, Spain
Sol Costa Atlantis
Sol Costa Atlantis
2,203 Reviews
Tenerife, Spain
Hotel Best Semiramis
Hotel Best Semiramis
1,320 Reviews
Tenerife, Spain
13 replies to this topic
Sunderland
Level Contributor
1,827 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help with hotel choice please

Hi

You say you love Puerto , does this mean you have stayed there before or do you visit from the south ?

I only ask as how you came to choose these two hotels . Looking at Best Semiramis ,the parking is not very good , and unless Atlantis has on site parking , there is very little on road parking .

Both are in walking distance of the best restaurants , but IMHO ,the Atlantis is best placed .

We have never stayed at either (we prefer the H10 Tenerife Playa ) , but both look good .

As to mixed reviews , we have read reviews of the H10 Tenerife Playa , and could not believe we were staying in the same place .Another hotel we stayed in had reviews saying the food was fantastic , after two nights we ate out every day .

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Puerto Palace
Hotel Puerto Palace
899 Reviews
Tenerife, Spain
H10 Tenerife Playa
H10 Tenerife Playa
1,935 Reviews
Tenerife, Spain
Chester
Level Contributor
3,091 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help with hotel choice please

Hi

Semiramis is in the La Paz area and if you are happy to eat at the many restaurants there it is not a problem. It could be a 20 min walk down to the prom or about 4-5€ each way in a taxi. I don't know if the hotel has an exit down at sea level.

Costa Atlantis is next to the prom but you would need a sea view room as the rear of the hotel is a windy road, most probably the coolest place in town.

Other options Freeman stays at the H10 ( which is almost next to the Atlantis) and we called in a few weeks ago and it looks a very nice hotel but I don't think they have parking.

Casablanca Apartments are on a bit of a hill but they do have an underground car park which I think is 4€ a day. You do have a walk up or down to the restaurants or about 4€ in a taxi to town.

Our favourite is the Botanico Hotel and spa which has a car park and is in the La Paz area. The last shuttle bus to town is 18:40 and a taxi back is 4+€. The Botanico restaurants are expensive but sliver service lunch around the pool is excellent. And you get free use of the thermal circuit in the spa and indoor pool and exercise classes and free use of the 18 hole putting green.

Street parking is easier in the La Paz area as opposed to the hotels near the prom.

Mentioned in this post
Casablanca
Casablanca
Grand Casablanca Region, Morocco
Ireland, UK
Level Contributor
3,095 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help with hotel choice please

Thank you both . Freeman we have only visited during the day ,we stay in the South because friends rent us their apartment but we love Puerto and haven’t really explored around much so we would like to spend a couple of days there . I haven’t a clue about hotels,never look at hotels anywhere when I’m there so I am grateful for suggetions . Will have a look at the H10. Have stayed in H10s before and liked them .

Ark ,I looked at 5he Botanico and it looks amazing ,but it is very expensive and Neither-of us are into Spas.

Will check out Parking . Thanks again .

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Puerto Palace
Hotel Puerto Palace
899 Reviews
Tenerife, Spain
London, United...
Level Contributor
1,222 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help with hotel choice please

I have stopped staying in Casablanca due to a series of poorly located rooms. My next trip will be to an apartment in La Paz.

However, last year I stayed in the Hotel Monopol. This is a traditional family run hotel with a fair amount of character. Its located right in the centre. Our room had a balcony overlooking the church and the square, so there was a small amount of noise but not off-putting. If you appreciate a less modern style hotel in a great location then I would recommend.

The downside is that there is no parking. You either use the free car park by the harbour, around ten minutes walk away or the fairly expensive underground car park in Plaza Europa, about five minutes walk away.

Mentioned in this post
Casablanca
Casablanca
Grand Casablanca Region, Morocco
Hotel Monopol
Hotel Monopol
453 Reviews
Tenerife, Spain
Ireland, UK
Level Contributor
3,095 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help with hotel choice please

Thanks La Cabra , I’m having difficulty finding a hotel near the centre with parking. Just checked H10 and there’s no parking there either. I’m wondering would I be better Booking one outside Puerto ? My husband doesn’t drink so we could drive in for dinner at night but would it be easy to park in the evenings.? Wouldn’t care about paying as long as we’d get parked .

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Puerto Palace
Hotel Puerto Palace
899 Reviews
Tenerife, Spain
Chester
Level Contributor
3,091 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help with hotel choice please

The free car park is next to the harbour and the old town and 2 mins walk to Plaza Charco. As mentioned the Monopole is right in town and your husband could drop you off less than 100 yards from the hotel and then park at the harbour.

The El Tope has a car park and is on the lower end of La Paz, Mountain view rooms above floor 1 are the best.

Mentioned in this post
Plaza Charco
Plaza Charco
1,617 Reviews
Tenerife, Spain
Hotel El Tope
Hotel El Tope
1,090 Reviews
Tenerife, Spain
Chester
Level Contributor
3,091 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help with hotel choice please

If I opted for a hotel/ apartment without a car park it would be in the La Paz area near the Masaru apartments. The further you go along Calle Acevino the easier it is to get street parking.

Mentioned in this post
Masaru Apartments
Masaru Apartments
554 Reviews
Tenerife, Spain
Sunderland
Level Contributor
1,827 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Help with hotel choice please

Hi

Parking is a big problem in PDLC especially around the town centre . You can park much easier in La Paz area , but it is not an easy walk into town . Taxis are a solution to staying in La Paz , and are cheap enough .

There is an underground car park near the Atlantis and H 10 , but I am not sure how much it costs .

If you are not going to drive in Puerto you could park in the free car park near the harbour and leave it there till you leave .

It is right next to the town centre and restaurants and not too far from the hotels you have looked at .

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Puerto Palace
Hotel Puerto Palace
899 Reviews
Tenerife, Spain
Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
470 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Help with hotel choice please

Parking is easier to the west of puerto. Some suggestions be live adults only, sun hotel or turquesa playa. Not 4 star but good beds for the night and an easy walk into town.

scotland
Level Contributor
56 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Help with hotel choice please

If you are happy to stay in La Paz area look at the Atlantic Mirage Suites and Spa. A totally refurbished hotel. All rooms have uninterrupted views over the Atlantic. Rooftop bar, terrace with day beds and hot tubs are amazing. Service faultless. Highly recommended

Reply to: Help with hotel choice please
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Puerto de la Cruz