We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus stop in Masca, bus fares

Frankfurt, Germany
Level Contributor
143 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Bus stop in Masca, bus fares

Hi experts

What is the exact bus stop to get off, if I want to see Masca village (just exploring the village and views for a while, not trekking down) ? The 355 bus has 3 stops : Ent Masca, Masca, and Masca Restaurant.

Secondly how do I find out the bus fare if I am using Bono card and taking connections ? Example, say I am going from Los Cristianos to Santiago del Teide via bus 477 and 462, changing at P.Arena near Log gigantos. The Titsa website lists fares only for point-point routes on a specific bus. But i read that when using Bono, transfers are free within a time period. So must I calculate the total fare as the sum of the fares for the individual legs, or is the second leg 'free' ? Also what do I tell the bus driver as my destination - the final destination after bus change, or the changeover stop ?

thanks !

Frankfurt, Germany
Level Contributor
143 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus stop in Masca, bus fares

?

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
17,206 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus stop in Masca, bus fares

You need one of the experts who use the buses to answer your question about the Bono prices and which bits of the journey are free.

I would say though that while I don´t know exactly where the bus stops are and there appears from the timetable to be 3 of them they will be close together because the top road around Masca is not long. If there is a stop by the carpark use that one which is just above the village, otherwise I would image another one is by the tiny museum which will also lead you down to the village. Don´t know about the restaurant, think it could be on the road out towards Buenevista.

Hope the bus users can be a bit more specific.

http://redqueenmusings.wordpress.com

3. Re: Bus stop in Masca, bus fares

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 21:10