We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Soller Tram

BRENTWOOD ESSEX
Level Contributor
95 posts
12 reviews
14 helpful votes
Soller Tram
Save

Hi we are visiting Palma on 30th December, we want to go on the tram to Soller any advice.

Thank you

9 replies to this topic
Poole, United...
Level Contributor
9,691 posts
18 reviews
10 helpful votes
1. Re: Soller Tram
Save

The train closes for maintenance after Xmas so you might want to check on their website closer to the time what the dates are.

http://trendesoller.com/en/home/

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,064 posts
688 reviews
376 helpful votes
2. Re: Soller Tram
Save

Hello,

We have tried to resrve our tickets, using their website, with no luck. We can not get anything for October. Unreal. Is it operating in October?

Magaluf, Spain
Destination Expert
for Majorca
Level Contributor
3,561 posts
56 reviews
22 helpful votes
3. Re: Soller Tram
Save

#2. Similar had been mentioned in local FB such as ‘ can’t book one day / return next ‘ , ‘ can only book day return ‘ to ‘ can’t book at all , first come first served and it is cash only at station’. The train should be running during October but looks like no booking online booking at the moment for Sóller train from Palma.

Edited: 23 September 2021, 12:35
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,064 posts
688 reviews
376 helpful votes
4. Re: Soller Tram
Save

Hola

Thanks. When we get to the island, we will talk to the concierge at our hotel, or someone else there and see if they can direct us. I hope we can get in. We will be in Palma only four days.

Any other suggestions more than appreciated. We plan to rent a car, one day only.

Edited: 23 September 2021, 18:27
Poole, United...
Level Contributor
9,691 posts
18 reviews
10 helpful votes
5. Re: Soller Tram
Save

I’ve always been under the impression you couldn’t pre book, it was always first come first served, cash at the station, only those on specific island trip excursions got their tickets direct via tour operators,

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,064 posts
688 reviews
376 helpful votes
6. Re: Soller Tram
Save

There is a website for Tren de Soller and also on Trip Advisor. Anyways, it cannot be done beforehand. We will try when we get to Palma.

Poole, United...
Level Contributor
9,691 posts
18 reviews
10 helpful votes
7. Re: Soller Tram
Save

I know there is, if you look up the thread I posted it on the second post. 😂

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
20,472 posts
276 reviews
148 helpful votes
8. Re: Soller Tram
Save

Trinet is correct. As there’s no advance booking, I’d advise getting to the ticket office an hour before the train of your choice departs. I’ve usually done that to be sure of getting tickets. Then I head across the road for a coffee before boarding as they don’t sell more tickets than there are seats.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,064 posts
688 reviews
376 helpful votes
9. Re: Soller Tram
Save

Perfect. An hour before. We will do that. Thanks.

Reply to: Soller Tram
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Palma de Mallorca
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in India. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.