We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Hire from Palma Airport

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
9 reviews
Car Hire from Palma Airport

We are flying into Palma airport and hoping to hire a car at the airport. I have been using price comparative sites to search for rentals and wary of scams, hidden costs and being ripped off. We will be traveling with a baby so keen for a quick and stress-free handover of keys! Which company provides the best service at a decent price? Many thanks!

14 replies to this topic
Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
168 posts
62 reviews
1. Re: Car Hire from Palma Airport

We have repeatedly used a company called Terry’s car hire. The reason I use them are 1) you pay them by debit card in advance, no deposits are charged. 2) the car is left in the multi storey car park across the road from arrivals with the keys hidden for you to retrieve, no delays queuing or completing paper work. You return the car to the same multi storey car park and lock the keys inside, text them the bay number you have left it in. The cars are very good, not brand new but very good.

I will not use any others as there are so many scams and additional charges when they have your credit card details and it seems very hard to challenge any additional charges after you return home. Terry’s are not the cheapest at face value but no hidden charges and no deposit charged.

Tynemouth
Level Contributor
5,221 posts
180 reviews
2. Re: Car Hire from Palma Airport

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g187…

Yorkshire Dales...
Level Contributor
1,583 posts
100 reviews
3. Re: Car Hire from Palma Airport

We have just used Hiper, their depot is a very short mini bus drive away but TBH once there we were in the car and away in no time. Good price and no rip offs.

Bourne, United...
4 posts
4. Re: Car Hire from Palma Airport

We hired a 5 door car (VW Golf 'or similar') with aircon in advance through OK Car Hire. £65 plus 113 euros for fuel (including 29 euro admin charge as we'll be refunded for used fuel). We picked up the mini bus from outside the airport front door and were taken directly to the car hire place just a few minutes away. We then waited for 90+ minutes to be processed! Rather a wind up late last Monday evening! Return was much easier and quicker this morning. They upgraded the vehicle which was fine (foc as they'd run out of VW Golf 'or similar') but it was very scratched and marked though clean and tidy otherwise. No hassle though - we pointed this out on the form which their rep signed. We'd taken out CDW insurance in the UK - just £11.69. I like the idea of Terry's car hire (above) but we were happy with our Nissan - very useful to have a vehicle to get out and about and of course it took us to our base in Porto Christo - just very unhappy at the huge delay when trying to collect it!

Aberystwyth, Wales...
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
5. Re: Car Hire from Palma Airport

I hired a car using a web site Holiday Autos, which then showed me various companies available. I was travelling as a single parent with two children so it had to be a pick up at the airport. I booked with Enterprise. It was easy to find the desk at baggage reclaim area. The desk staff were very helpful. Car pick up is from the multi storey car park opposite the arrivals building. Very easy to find. The ONLY down side was the 'offer' to return the car with less than a full tank. This was given the big sell at 130 euros. (I was told it would be difficult to find a petrol station etc etc.) Now this is untrue, and after I had spent a week on the island travelling about I topped up the car in Alcudia on the night before we returned for 16 euros. Beware!

6. Re: Car Hire from Palma Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2018, 01:20

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pollenca, Port de Pollenca
Level Contributor
11,882 posts
54 reviews
7. Re: Car Hire from Palma Airport

Wholly agree with that last sentence. And read and understand the implications of all the relevant t's & c's before making any booking

Tynemouth
Level Contributor
5,221 posts
180 reviews
8. Re: Car Hire from Palma Airport

Would have been nice if the OP had come back and told people which company they had decided to use - and a ‘thank you’ wouldn’t have gone amiss either!

Hampshire England
Level Contributor
6,597 posts
97 reviews
9. Re: Car Hire from Palma Airport

I think I'd better log off tonight as I'm in a funny mood, I actually feel like laughing at post # 6 :-)

The details of additional costs as posted are almost posted as if in surprise :-)

10. Re: Car Hire from Palma Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2018, 01:20

Reply to: Car Hire from Palma Airport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Palma de Mallorca