We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train to Solar?

England
Level Contributor
74 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Train to Solar?

Many years since I have taken this lovey ride through the lemon groves, taking some freinds with me next month. I heard you can now do the return journey back to Palma by boat. can you please tell me anything about this.

Thankyou x

England
Level Contributor
74 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Train to Solar?

WhoOops!!! I meant Soller

Sorry x

North Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
3,455 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Train to Solar?

yes you can but i think you may have to book it has part of a tour operaters trip , but i could be wrong .im sure lanska will be along in a moment to tell us , LANSKA where r u lol.

we allways just go by train and return same way but in palma nova ive seen trip advertised with a return boat journey

England
Level Contributor
74 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Train to Solar?

Thanks Moocher. Looks like LANSKA is taking time out. lol x

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
1,384 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Train to Solar?

I'm here!! Can't a girl have a life??LOL

Cant really add to Moochers post. I have only seen this as part of some of the island tours you book with travel agencies.

Catamarans do run from the Port as a separate trip but they run to Sa Calobra daily and a few other places have been added but Palma is only on the island trip which will be a whole day job.

http://www.barcosazules.com/4eng.htm

Lanska

England
Level Contributor
74 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Train to Solar?

Thanks for that Lanska

will let you know what happens when I get back

xx

Aalesund, Norway
Level Contributor
1,376 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Train to Solar?

Just had a turn over in Majorca sites and found this about Island Roundtrip (Train-Tram-Boat). Don't know if this trips still exist, but there is booking possibility on the site.

www.trendesoller.com/en/vueltaisla.html

Lake Vinuela...
Level Contributor
9,535 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Train to Solar?

Came back from Mallorca last weekend.

Did Island trip via train to Soller but only boat trip available - either through an agent or booking self - was on to La Colobra not back to Palma.

Sea was so rough last Tuesday that boat turned back as soon as it passed through Puerto Soller harbour mouth!

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
1,384 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Train to Solar?

Thanks for the update Cassianda,

Shame you didn't get on the boat, it must have been really rough for them to turn around!

Lanska

9. Re: Train to Solar?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 August 2009, 10:53