We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to book a hotel?

London, United...
1 post
Save Topic
Where to book a hotel?

Hello all,

I am thinking about travelling to Mallorca towards the end of this month (Aug 2018).

I would like to get some insights which area of the island I should look for a hotel.

Let me give you somebackground why I ask.

About 2 years ago I travelled to Rhodes, Greece. I did not do much research before reserving my hotel.

When I was in Rhodes I learnt that the norther cost is very very windy and pretty much only suitable for wind surfing, but now for relaxing on the beach. Luckily my hotel was on the south coast which is very calm and perfect for swiming and sending time on the beach. It would have been horribly if I had booked a hotel on the north coast.

Can anybody give me an overview on the parts of the island.

I would like to be on the beach during the day swimming, reading, relaxing. It would be nice to see some culture in the evening, or some nice village If possible I would like to say somewhere that is not the most touristy part of the island. And I want to eat good food. I plan to rent a car, so that I can drive around and explore some beaches.

Thanks for your help.

1 reply
Hampshire, UK
Level Contributor
8,430 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to book a hotel?

This is a very comprehensive website which will answer your question.

http://majorca-mallorca.co.uk/

Reply to: Where to book a hotel?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted