We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Avoid Record Go Car Hire

1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
Avoid Record Go Car Hire

Just had the most terrible experience with Record Go at Majorca Airport. Basically you have to wait forever to get to the desk to pick up your car.

You have to get a ticket with a number on from an automatic machine. The machine gave you 3 options, "I have a reservation", "I don't have a reservation" and, "I would like to pay 50 euros for a fast track ticket." This seemed a bit strange to me as all the other hire companies in the airport never had this system. After waiting for a while and listening to the many many other waiting customers (one of whom was complaining about still having to wait after 2 hours and 20 minutes) I reluctantly hit the pay extra and get a fast track ticket and was seen within 15 minutes, obviously bumping everyone else down the queue.

Then it seemed to take forever to get the paperwork sorted - no I didn't want an upgrade, yes I had adequate CDW insurance etc etc. Eventually I got my paperwork and had to go the get the key in the car park office. The car was pretty beaten up and only the worst scratches were on the paperwork - I had to return with the paperwork to get it explained to me that the minor scratches were itemised on the form elsewhere in Spanish.

No one checks the car with you on pickup or return, you get charged for fuel - which is returned if you bring it back full. I am struggling to think of anything pleasant about the experience.

Last year I rented from the same airport with Alamo - I never used them this year as they were more expensive - all I can say is - you get what you pay for - I will never use Record go again.

4 replies to this topic
Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pollenca, Port de Pollenca
Level Contributor
11,684 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Avoid Record Go Car Hire

Andy, the thread linked below has been running for four years now; and agrees with your conclusions.

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g187…

Yorkshire Dales...
Level Contributor
1,554 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Avoid Record Go Car Hire

Have a look at Hiper, they are off aiport but you send all your details online. No waiting at their depot and no hard sell. When returning car you have to fill up within a few Km and keep your reciept as proof.

Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
78 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Avoid Record Go Car Hire

At the end of the day I've had RecordGo cars 3 times. Each time I've said no to the extra insurance (they wanted €82 extra on a €35 3 day hire?!?).

Twice I've specifically said I'm going to Pollenca so they give me a very second hand car and each time I've filled it with logs or rubbish and done tip runs. Each time I take it back and I ge my €1400 deposit back.

Seriously though €8-10 per day for a large 5 seat car/van. Whats to complain about??

I am going with Vanrell next week though ;-)

tenterden
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Avoid Record Go Car Hire

Wish I had seen this earlier. Arrived today in Majorca and pre booked with Record Go, completed online check-in so felt ok(have used them a few times in last couple of yrs).Absolutely chaos at airport, two check-in areas , one for not pre booked, def not a good place to be. Then mine for pre booked and the special ones(who paid 50 euros extra). Every time a pre booked number got near the top it was pushed down again by a new special one, 50 euro for express service never mind people who had booked !!!. People who had booked had waited hours and still not on the board. I had installed there app and got 1st express as a freebie but I could never go there again. There must have 8 to 10 couples who were really peeved. All to make an extra 50 euros but at what cost. Do not use them

Reply to: Avoid Record Go Car Hire
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted