We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Balearic ferry from Menorca to Mallorca questions

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
453 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
Balearic ferry from Menorca to Mallorca questions

Hi,

I am planning to travel from Menorca to Mallorca in October, went to www.balearia.com and found Ciutadella to Alcudia route on the 13 Oct, the sailing time is between 1.30 - 2hrs, prices between 7.50 euro to 12.50euro.

I also went to www.directferries.com and found same route but different price, it cost 46.67, not sure in euro or USD.

I'm confused, travel guide book says ferry ticket cost more than 40 euro. which website should I look at and book ticket? I checked www.balearia.com tomorrow's sailing schedule too (in August), prices are still between 7.50 euro to 12.50euro. Have I dont something wrong?

Do I have to book this route in advance or on day of travel?

Thank you.

3 replies to this topic
lancashire
Level Contributor
168 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Balearic ferry from Menorca to Mallorca questions

Somebody please give advice I’m interested too

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
23,329 posts
290 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Balearic ferry from Menorca to Mallorca questions

I think you can just buy at the ferry terminal which must surely be the cheapest. However, you have a choice of ferries. The Superfast or the regular so depends if you want to spend more on the fast one. Prices also depend on whether you book ahead tickets that allow flexibility for changes or if no money back if you cancel.

No doubt a local will add.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
453 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Balearic ferry from Menorca to Mallorca questions

Strangely, I just checked www.balearia.com and price has changed from 7.30 euro to 30 euro. what is going on????? Confused.

Reply to: Balearic ferry from Menorca to Mallorca questions
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted