We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Hire from Palma Airport

Romford, Essex
Level Contributor
168 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Car Hire from Palma Airport

I have been searching for good car hire places in Majorca ( Collection from the Airport and on site )

The one that looks like it’s highly recommended is Terry’s car hire, but I am slightly confused as they don’t appear to cover Tyres, Glass ( Windows ) ? Which I thought was a bit odd if you meant to be fully covered? How does it work if you get a puncture and need a new tyre ? lol

I understand they can’t cover key loss or wrong fuel being used,

Can anyone else recommend a good hire car company or are the above the best?

1 reply
Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
77 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Car Hire from Palma Airport

My car insurance in the UK doesn't cover tyres or glass really. I wouldn't worry about it out there either. Just get a noddy car with moonbuggy tyres so that a: they can deal with a knock, b : they're cheap to replace?

I find that if you use holiday autos/ryanair car hire (same company, different face I reckon) then you can see the customer feedback scores.

OK / Record / Rhodium / Goldcar you can expect to get taken to the cleaners. Their reviews are all below 5/10

Hertz / Sixt / Alamo / Hiper all have feedback scores above 8/10. I think you can see where it's going.

Terrys would certainly rank with the latter.

Pay a bit more up front. Take care of the car. Generally everyone happy. I've survived Record 3 times now unscathed but I'll use Vanrell next week and Sixt in october...

Edited: 03 August 2018, 21:02
Reply to: Car Hire from Palma Airport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted