We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

North or south - where to stay?

1 post
1 review
North or south - where to stay?

Hi,

My boyfriend and I are planning on going to Majorca in early September for 2 weeks but cannot decide which area to stay in

We like to be within walking distance to lots of restaurants and bars and the beach but also a close drive to day activities such as waterparks and excursions

We’ve been told by friends that Alcudia is a nice resort but it looks as though there is more ‘stuff’ to do in the south of the island

We don’t want to stay in Magaluf and are worried that resorts nearby will still have a magaluf feel to them?

We’re very torn with which area will be best for us!

Any help or advice or opinions will be greatly appreciated, thankyou!

3 replies to this topic
London
Level Contributor
2,301 posts
111 reviews
1. Re: North or south - where to stay?

palma nova / santa ponsa. i've not been to maga, but i'm led to believe that there's only really one strip that's club 18-30's mental and you can even stay in maga and totally avoid it if you're not interested.

i regularly go to alcudia, but it's really a family orientated resort - you "might" find it a bit quiet and the water park there is no where near as good as the one in the south.

Yorkshire Dales...
Level Contributor
1,609 posts
100 reviews
2. Re: North or south - where to stay?

Palma Nova, if the beach is important to you. IMO it's better than Santa Ponsa beach.

lincoln
Level Contributor
896 posts
36 reviews
3. Re: North or south - where to stay?

Palma Nova , don't worry about it being close to Magaluf, the only time you may need to go there is on the way to the waterpark ,Pirates or Katmandu or maybe to visit the beach which is good,and its absolutely fine during the day anyway.Transport is so good that I doubt you would actually need a car unless you want to explore more remote areas.

Reply to: North or south - where to stay?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted