We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Return to uk check in

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Return to uk check in
Save

Hi, I read on forum fairly recently regarding return flight check in but can’t find it! A member wrote Don’t check in on line for return journey until after antigen test ( or words to that affect) we have always checked in for return before we leave the UK so we can print everything off. I know about PLF can’t be completed but wondered why can’t do check in from home for return journey, could it be to do with any changes to flight etc, also I have pre paid for seats on return travel but still not checked in until someone can give me a bit of advise please ? Thinking now worse scenario if any changes pre paid seats may be invalid. Thank you for any help

4 replies to this topic
bristol
Level Contributor
631 posts
71 reviews
122 helpful votes
1. Re: Return to uk check in
Save

TUI told me not to bother checking in, it's done when you drop your bags. When I asked why O was asked to 'check in now'by email, , I was told that apparently some people ' like to do it'.

Only benefit of checking in is you get your seat number. The PLF asks for a seat number but TUI told me to leave it blank or make one up.

Edited: 26 August 2021, 00:00
Level Contributor
29 posts
4 reviews
1 helpful vote
2. Re: Return to uk check in
Save

Don't worry about it. I checked in online for my outward and return flights with Jet 2 before leaving home. It has nothing to do with the test. You still have to go to the desk as they want to see your antigen test certificate, your UK locator form and Proof of vaccinations when returning to uk and then they print you out a boarding pass.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
3. Re: Return to uk check in
Save

Thanks for replies appreciate that. Just to confirm also definitely don’t need any test before leaving Uk if double jabbed? It’s just that my sister in law flew with Ryan air from Liverpool and both her and my niece had to have a pcr test before leaving the UK and they both double vaccinated😳 I’m wondering now if we should have had one but it’s to late we fly early Friday 🙈haven’t booked return day 2 test waiting to see the up dates 🙄thanks again

Greater Manchester...
Destination Expert
for Pollenca, Port de Pollenca
Level Contributor
18,311 posts
42 reviews
109 helpful votes
4. Re: Return to uk check in
Save

Tina, we flew with Ryanair from Manc on Tuesday. We are double jabbed, hence we did not need any test at all. No problem.

The Ryanair check-in website is misleading as it suggests you need a test to fly from UK (but you don't if you are already double jabbed)

Reply to: Return to uk check in
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in India. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.