We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Local Food

10 posts
Local Food

I am vegetarian and do not eat meat, sea food or even egg. Can you suggest me some local food that I should try when in Spain.

2 replies to this topic
Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
71,906 posts
3,813 reviews
1. Re: Local Food

Gazpacho - During summer, gazpacho is eaten in Andalusia. The reddest, ripest tomatoes, olive oil, garlic, bread, peppers and cucumber are blended until silky smooth, then chilled and poured into bowls or glasses.

Patatas Bravas - Fried potato with a sauce made from sweet and spicy pimenton (Spanish paprika), olive oil, flour, garlic and stock.

Queso Manchego (Spanish Sheep Cheese) - This cheese is a very tasty cheese made of sheep milk.

There are many vegetarian restaurants in the big cities.

Cantabria
Destination Expert
for Cantabria
Level Contributor
2,143 posts
113 reviews
2. Re: Local Food

Good suggestions from Benny there (although you won't find all that much Gazpacho in Asturias). Mmmm yes, the cheese! So much fabulous local cheese in Asturias, you'll be spoilt for choice. However, yes, most typical dishes up north involve meat or eggs, as they are abundant, this is farming lands! There are increasingly more veggies dishes on menus and in restaurants though, and you'll find veggie tapas in bars too, so you won't have as much of a problem as my veggie parents did in the past! One thing I'd say is watch out for tuna in salads!

Reply to: Local Food
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Oviedo
Recent Conversations