Use Booking.com to look for hotels. Choose City Center for district.
1. Cathedral of San Salvador - The huge retable in the main chapel is very impressive. The cloisters are interesting. Its Holy Chamber has important relics of the Asturian monarchy.
2. Museo de Bellas Artes - Very large fine arts museum with many impressive paintings.
3. Hotel de la Reconquista - A historic hotel that is quite beautiful and impressive.
4. Campo de San Francisco Park - A large park located beside downtown. Good to walk in it.
5. Sculptures - There are more than a hundred statues scattered around downtown, including one of Woody Allen.
For shopping: Go to Calle Uria , which has an El Corte Ingles Department Store. Adjacent streets also have good shops.
1. Casa Fermin (Calle de San Francisco, 8; Tel: 985-216-452) - An elegant restaurant that is very popular and one needs reservations here. Food is very good.
2. Casa Conrado (Calle Arguelles,1; Tel: 985-223-919) - Quiet and elegant.
3. Restaurante La Galatea (Hotel Barcelo Oviedo Cervantes - Calle de Cervantes, 13; Tel: 985-255-000) - A very beautiful modern restaurant with an exceptional menu of the day.