We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How does this itinerary sound

Florida
Level Contributor
341 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
How does this itinerary sound

I have come to a pretty conclussive itinerary; please feel free to coment on If I should make any adjustments wether it be more time in a city etc........

Day 1-Arrival & overnight in Malaga

Day 2- Train to Seville (explore)

Day 3- Daytrip to Cordoba, explore & dinner in Seville

Day4- Explore Seville

Day 5- Early morning pick up car & drive to Granada (explore)

Day 6- Alhambra

Day7- Leave Granada & drive to Rhonda (see town & major sights ) then drive to hotel near La linea de Concepcion

Day8- Visit Gibraltar

Day 9- Visit Tangier (I know most of you hate it, but we want to say we did it & hated it )

Day 10 Leave La linea area & drive maybe to Fuengirola or Torremolinos or tha main town of Malaga spend day at leisure

Day 11- Day at leisure to explore either of the areas mentioned above

Day 12 flight out back home

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
58,341 posts
3,578 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How does this itinerary sound

Buy your Alhambra tickets early. Read Buying Alhambra Tickets Online.

When in Malaga, try to see our Glass and Crystal Museum.

Northampton, MA
Level Contributor
3,823 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How does this itinerary sound

Sounds great (except Tangier) but Morroco is fascinating, like a different world. I might prefer Cadiz to La Linea or Fuengirola but you won't go wrong. Andalucia is a great part of the world.

Florida
Level Contributor
341 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How does this itinerary sound

I like Cadiz to but fear the driving is too distant back and forth to Gibraltar Algeciras or Tarifa

sgl
Palo Alto...
Level Contributor
250 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How does this itinerary sound

We are also planning on going to Tangiers and Gilbralta during our southern spain trip. We are using a base in Tarifa. Based on Rick Steves' description in his Snapshot book on Seville, Granada and southern spain, we selected La Sacristia. Tarifa is near the Tangiers fast ferry and a bit of a drive to La Linea.

Edited: 21 April 2012, 07:42
sgl
Palo Alto...
Level Contributor
250 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How does this itinerary sound

not sure if I checked the box to be notified of replies - in case anyone has any info on La Sacristia or staying in Tarifa.

Treasure Island...
Destination Expert
for Ronda
Level Contributor
10,747 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How does this itinerary sound

Looks good to me, and l loved my tour of Tangiers, and yes l have been there and loved it. Not crazy about La Linea, but will be cheaper staying there then in Gibraltar, and yes Gibraltar is fun also.

Try and get a early start to Ronda, many great white towns in the area. If you can try and hit Grazalema, a very BEAUTIFUL town, not far out of Ronda.

As Benny says make sure you have your tickets to The Alhambra before you go, very hard to get into at times. Good luck and have fun. Hubie

www.alhambra-tickets.es

Utrecht, The...
Level Contributor
2,912 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How does this itinerary sound

Tarifa is very nice. Sandy beach that goes on for miles. The town itself is also very nice with mostly Spanish tourists. Some nice tapas bars.

Don' t know anything about La Sacristia because we stayed in apartments (have a look at La Casa de la Favorita, absolutely gorgeous).

Montejaque, Spain
Level Contributor
1,324 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How does this itinerary sound

I am now completely lost. Can you tell me which is your latest itinerary? This one or this one? tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187441-i416-k5347…

Or are they both the same?

Edited: 23 April 2012, 03:18
Florida
Level Contributor
341 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How does this itinerary sound

Sorry TonyB I posted on both cities to get feedback from both sides actually the itinerary has changed, we will be going to Granda on Day2 & 3 , then off to Seville for 4 nights, then Ronda, I have changed my mind(again) I dont think I'll be staying in La Linea, seems more like a property close to Puerto Duquesa for our day trips to Gibraltar and Tangier, then Torremolinos in order to be close to the airport.

10. Re: How does this itinerary sound

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 04:11