We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving from Mijas Costa to Ronda

Riverside, CA
Level Contributor
21 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Driving from Mijas Costa to Ronda

I have read a lot about the roads to Ronda. What is the safest way to get from Mijas Costa to Ronda. Google Shows A7 to he A397. How long will this take and how safe is the route? My husband will drive but I am a nervous passenger so.I want to take the safest route.

Thanks

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
30,783 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Driving from Mijas Costa to Ronda

A397 is the route www.viamichelin.com

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
59,117 posts
3,577 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Driving from Mijas Costa to Ronda

It will take you a little more than an hour. The road is very safe as long as you have patience and do not try to overtake a slow vehicle when it is unsafe to overtake.

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
Level Contributor
4,717 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Driving from Mijas Costa to Ronda

I think the road via San Pedro and then through the mountains is the best part of the day and is quite easy. Do this rather than try for an easy motorway route, which is a long way round anyway. As a passenger you will have the best views and they are truly spectacular.

Riverside, CA
Level Contributor
21 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Driving from Mijas Costa to Ronda

Thanks all !

johannesburg,southaf...
Level Contributor
665 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Driving from Mijas Costa to Ronda

Hi Benny malaga,

Hope you are doing well - on a previous note - several months ago- I think it was in April - you mentioned a charming hotel/inn in La Alberca near Salamanca. I checked back but couldn't locate your suggestion. I even sent you a note via "Salamance" - you probably didn't pick it up.We will be in Salamanca in September and, based on your contribution, thought we should spend time in this town (also noted Candelario in our Michelin Spain Green Guide) - would you be so kind as to let us know the name of the hotel mentioned. Thanks in advance. Best regards,

6. Re: Driving from Mijas Costa to Ronda

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 December 2010, 10:47