We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Place to stay

Sevenoaks, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Best Place to stay

We are looking at the Estepona area to stay for a fortnight, with views to visiting Gibraltar, Morocco possibly, and wondered if anyone could suggest hotels/apts. that were walking distance to bars/restaurants/on the beach? Don't really know anything about the area but every hotel looked at so far has said not near beach or bars or near to big main road or 10 min drive to town - is everywhere only reached by car? Would appreciate some advice!

Many Thanks x

Estepona, Spain
Level Contributor
47 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Place to stay

Hi,

Why not try an apartment rental. There is plenty of choice on trip advisor?

Montejaque, Spain
Level Contributor
1,324 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Place to stay

If you can define what you mean by "best", that would help people with their replies. An indication of your budget (in euros) and the month when you plan to visit would be helpful too.

Scotland
Level Contributor
1,090 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Place to stay

Hi

I know what you mean. If you are looking at estepona for the first time it can be hard to tell which areas are central. The place is quite spread out and a lot of the big tourist hotels and apartment complexes are a bit out of town. We stayed in the port area last year and are going back there this year to the same complex. It is not the most picturesque area but is very convenient. There are plenty of resraurants and bars in the port itself, or you can stroll into the old town (20 minute walk) to get to the town centre area with more choice of restaurants etc. we stay in the puerto paraiso which is a high rise complex with 2 pools really near the beach (2 min walk). If looking here try to get an apartment on low floor (1st or 2nd storey) looking out towards the port area.

Maybe if you give a bit more info about requirements people can give more specific suggestions.

Sevenoaks, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Place to stay

Hi again

Yes sorry, I was a bit vague with details, but jenmac 80 you have been really helpful. They are the exact apts. I have recently been looking at! We are looking to go last week August for 2 wks. Are these apt. blocks high rise and are they all bunched together? Is it very noisy at night? Are the pool areas ok - not too overcrowded? Also what would parking be like in this area? So many questions, sorry.

Thanks again x

Scotland
Level Contributor
1,090 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Place to stay

Hi

Yes they are high rise. There are 4 'towers' with a mixture of people who live there year round and holiday homes.

I would recommend a low floor because of the high-rise style. It is relatively 'quiet' at night - we were on the first floor facing out towards the port last year and didn't have any noise problems. Estepona by its nature is not a rowdy place. Most bars tend to quieten right down from midnight onwards.

There is a big car park just past the apartments on the left hand side which is free. They don't tend to be careful drivers though so you'll notice a lot of cars with big dents/scrapes!

The pool scene at the apartments is not that great. Both pools are quite small and at the bigger one it's very difficult to get shade (no parasols provided). Both were very quiet at the beginning of July last year. I think this is because estepona is really more of a beach place.

How many bedrooms do you need? I could recommend the one we stayed in last year, it was a 2 bed 2 bath.

Sevenoaks, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Place to stay

Hi again,

Thankyou for answering all my questions - you've been very helpful. We actually booked an apt. yesterday! And its on the ground floor, so presuming this will be all good?! No doubt I will have more questions before we actually go - 26th August - good restaurants, places to visit etc. so look out for my posts! lol

7. Re: Best Place to stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 July 2013, 04:46