We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

79 bus

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
242 posts
84 reviews
79 bus

Hi,

Just a quickie because I know the experts can tell me in a flash.

Does the 79 bus to San Pedro / Marbella go from the same stop on Av del Carmen by the marina as the L1/2 or there another one somewhere? I’d read that the 79 started from the bullring.

Walked past yesterday and the timetables are up at the stop for the L1 & 2 at the stop but no mention of the 79.

Thanks, Emma

11 replies to this topic
England
Level Contributor
7,837 posts
85 reviews
1. Re: 79 bus

I've never caught it at the start of the journey so can't confirm.

Turista will know.

You do know you can't get off till you have crossed the Rio Guadamina, so if your destination is anywhere before that, take the L bus.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
242 posts
84 reviews
2. Re: 79 bus

Thanks. Yes, we are going to use the 79 to go to San Pedro or further if/when we need a change of scene.

Although we’re happy exploring Estepona at present!

Estepona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Estepona
Level Contributor
3,502 posts
610 reviews
3. Re: 79 bus

2nd go, just lost the first one. 😪

The 79 stops at all the L1/L2/L3 stops EXCEPT the Faro, which is the one 200 m from where the route begins at the marina.

Somewhat of a chaos with the L buses at present as they have changed the timetables without telling us what they are. 79 ok though.

Glad you are enjoying yourself, me too, as trickster can confirm from my FB. Never a dull moment!

Tomorrow is the Tourists Day and there's a ceremony at the tourist office in the Plaza de las Flores at 13.00. Don't they know tourists are all having lunch then?

Normally they hand out flowers or fans or something like that.

Then at 20.00 on the beach near the marina in front of the fisherman's cabins, there's a charity Sardine supper.

Best wishes

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
242 posts
84 reviews
4. Re: 79 bus

Thank you Turista.

Indeed there does seem to be some bus confusion. When I was passing the bus stop the other day by the government office (is it the town hall?) by the marina, there was a huge debate going on about buses beteeen a group of elderly Spanish ladies with lots of animated pointing and waving.

Thanks also for the info about tourist day. I saw a Facebook post about it, but as it was in Spanish, I’d got it saved to translate later. You’ve saved me a job now!

I slept on the roof terrace with my daughter last night so we could see the sunrise but instead we’re surrounded by mist. It’s like a Yorkshire sea fret! Very bizarre!

England
Level Contributor
7,837 posts
85 reviews
5. Re: 79 bus

Where are you staying Emma?

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
242 posts
84 reviews
6. Re: 79 bus

We’re in an apartment near the marina, corner of Av Reina Sofia by the roundabout with the boat. The block is called Puerto Blanco. Beautiful place, sea views from all the windows (we’re on the top floor) really good position for beaches, supermarket, port and only a 20 min brisk walk to the old town.

Having a fab time so far.

Estepona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Estepona
Level Contributor
3,502 posts
610 reviews
7. Re: 79 bus

Just down the road from my place, trickster. You go down from my place past the Puerto Alto yellow building, then it's the smart, tall, narrow block the other side of the pharmacy.

I have a friend who lives there; her apartment looks out onto the two roads, Reina Sofia and Puerta del Mar.

Best wishes

England
Level Contributor
7,837 posts
85 reviews
8. Re: 79 bus

Is this your first visit Emma?

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
242 posts
84 reviews
9. Re: 79 bus

It is. We stayed in San Pedro a few years back but had never been to Estepona before. I feel we’re only really going to get our bearings this holiday, but so far we love it here so I’m sure we’ll be back.

England
Level Contributor
7,837 posts
85 reviews
10. Re: 79 bus

Yes nice isn't it. We've been coming since 86 because we used to own a holiday place half way to San Ped at Cancelada.

We've watched it change from a fairly dull town to the beautiful place it is now.

Next holiday we aren't coming to Estepona. Instead we are having 6 days in Nerja and 10 in La Carihuela ( between Torremolinos and Benalmadena)

Enjoy the rest of your trip.

Reply to: 79 bus
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted