We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Covid restrictions

Cumbria, United...
Level Contributor
260 posts
26 reviews
18 helpful votes
Covid restrictions
Save

Sorry if this has been answered somewhere already but what restrictions are in place at moment, do you need to wear masks when walking outside? Is there a night time curfew

Obviously I would imagine masks indoors And all public transport

Supposed to be going to crete but think gonna be announced tomorrow compulsory mask wearing by everyone outside. We had that last year and in the heat is not very enjoyable and as I wear masks all day every day would love to be able to walk around with no masks, obviously not in a really crowded area, so looking to change to fuengirola

8 replies to this topic
Mijas Pueblo, Spain
Level Contributor
359 posts
33 reviews
8 helpful votes
1. Re: Covid restrictions
Save

You do not have to wear masks outside except if you can not keep the compuserary 1.5 meter social distancing.

Its 50/50 who wears masks. I always have mine under my chin so that I can pull it up when passing others.

You have to wear it in supermarkets and any public areas. Most tourists I see do not wear it. If you are caught without a mask when needed the fine is 100 euros and it does happen I know 3 different people who were fined.

When seated in a bar or restaurant you can remove it only putting it back up if you go up to the bar to order or toilet. Also you do not have to wear on beach or around pool.

Its nothing like last summer.

Cumbria, United...
Level Contributor
260 posts
26 reviews
18 helpful votes
2. Re: Covid restrictions
Save

Oh thanks for reply that sounds fine, that I can cope with I still put mask on in crouded places in UK and supermarkets

What's the figures like for covid are they stabalising a bit now, getting stressed Coz only got a couple of days to decide and change flights ect

Valencia, Spain
Level Contributor
6,512 posts
137 reviews
51 helpful votes
3. Re: Covid restrictions
Save

It's what the UK 'government' might do at the review that matters.

Cumbria, United...
Level Contributor
260 posts
26 reviews
18 helpful votes
4. Re: Covid restrictions
Save

Exactly and we are all waiting patiently, or not so 😢 to find out what is gonna happen this time

Level Contributor
2,349 posts
10 reviews
8 helpful votes
5. Re: Covid restrictions
Save

"What's the figures like for covid are they stabalising a bit now"

Spangle the rate today for Fuengirola is 241.

Last Friday it was 274, two weeks ago it was 540 & three weeks ago it was 705. Hopefully that will give a good picture of how things are going.

Cumbria, United...
Level Contributor
260 posts
26 reviews
18 helpful votes
6. Re: Covid restrictions
Save

Oh that sounds promising

Andalucia, Spain
Level Contributor
4,842 posts
220 reviews
207 helpful votes
7. Re: Covid restrictions
Save

Cumulative Figures for spain have dropped by around half over the last month. 12,300 cases in 3 days across the country

https://www.rtve.es/noticias/20210820/mapa-del-coronavirus-espana/2004681.shtml

Edited: 23 August 2021, 19:35
Morrison, Colorado
Level Contributor
30 posts
36 reviews
20 helpful votes
8. Re: Covid restrictions
Save

I scanned over the link you provided. It appears that Covid is no worse than it is here in the States. Agree? Can you tell me your opinion /thoughts on how the covid situation is? Are masks required for indoor? Do we need reservations for bars/restaurant's? Thank you

Reply to: Covid restrictions
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in India. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.