We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Malaga Airport train to Córdoba

London, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
143 reviews
Malaga Airport train to Córdoba

I’m a bit confused whether to book a train ticket or not. I land at Malaga Airport 16:45 on a Thursday and will board a transfer train to Maria Zambrano station. To get to Córdoba I presume that the Renfe AVE train is the fastest option. If I pre-book a ticket I suppose I am limited to one train time slot that I must make. My concern is that the flight could be delayed and I miss that particular train and lose the money. Dilemma: book ahead, save money but stress about the timings or join a ticket queue when I get there?

6 replies to this topic
scotland
Level Contributor
20,703 posts
366 reviews
1. Re: Malaga Airport train to Córdoba

>join a ticket queue when I get there<.... Maria Zambrano has about 10 ticket windows , perhaps more ,you need to take a queue ticket from the machine before getting "called up to the ticket window "

If you miss that train or think you may you have other options available , the bus departs next door to the train station https://www.alsa.com/en/web/bus/home

Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
71,851 posts
3,813 reviews
2. Re: Malaga Airport train to Córdoba

For trains:

https:/…Buying.Renfe.Tickets.Online.html

If you prebook your ticket and miss the train, you cannot get a refund. So give yourself enough time.

Pueblo Nuevo de...
Level Contributor
8,174 posts
129 reviews
3. Re: Malaga Airport train to Córdoba

>>If you prebook your ticket and miss the train, you cannot get a refund. So give yourself enough time.<<

The OP already knows, that is why they are asking if they can buy at the station.

I would suggest that to save stressing buy the ticket at the train station.

London, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
143 reviews
4. Re: Malaga Airport train to Córdoba

That is useful. Thanks. I will buy a ticket to Córdoba on arrival but am considering pre-buying the return ticket (as there is less potential for delay on the journey to the station).

Pueblo Nuevo de...
Level Contributor
8,174 posts
129 reviews
5. Re: Malaga Airport train to Córdoba

That makes sense.

1 post
6. Re: Malaga Airport train to Córdoba

We're going to be in the same situation next year. Would there be a big difference in prices between buying in the station and pre booking on-line?

Reply to: Malaga Airport train to Córdoba
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted