We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommend me a sherry bodega !

London, United...
Level Contributor
222 posts
164 reviews
Recommend me a sherry bodega !

We would like to visit a sherry bodega on our way from Seville to Vejer de Frontera, so something in either Jerez or El Puerto de Santa Maria (or surrounding area) would suit.

We aren't wine buffs so just something aimed at tourists - , so not anything too high brow. We will also have our 7 yr old daughter with us, so somewhere kids are allowed. Free parking on site would be a bonus.

Can anyone recommend anywhere in particular to suit - we'll be there on a Monday.

6 replies to this topic
Pueblo Nuevo de...
Level Contributor
8,228 posts
129 reviews
1. Re: Recommend me a sherry bodega !

Tio Pepe in Jerez.

https:/…sherry-wine-and-brandy-tour

scotland
Level Contributor
20,729 posts
366 reviews
2. Re: Recommend me a sherry bodega !

The Lustau Bodega in Jerez is worth a visit http://www.lustau.es/en/ and less formal places are sherry bars .... Tabanco Plateros or Tabanco El Pasaje and Tabankino Tabanco Gourmet

Pueblo Nuevo de...
Level Contributor
8,228 posts
129 reviews
3. Re: Recommend me a sherry bodega !

Lustau is my favourite but the Tio Pepe tour is a little less intense & the ride on the little train will probably appeal to your daughter.

London, United...
Level Contributor
24,035 posts
292 reviews
4. Re: Recommend me a sherry bodega !

Tio Pepe is good and tourists like the mouse. They do set times for English tour.

London, United...
Level Contributor
222 posts
164 reviews
5. Re: Recommend me a sherry bodega !

Hi, just looking at some of the suggestions. Do they really charge for children? I mean she won't be sampling any of the sherries and is unlikely to be able to follow much/anything of the talk.

Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
71,937 posts
3,813 reviews
6. Re: Recommend me a sherry bodega !

The train ride at the Tio Pepe Winery is a very nice ride that is very informative. At the end of the ride there will be wine tasting. You can drink the wine that your child will be given.

Reply to: Recommend me a sherry bodega !
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted