We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walking from Eisenach Hbf to Wartburg Castle

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
1,819 posts
1,895 reviews
Walking from Eisenach Hbf to Wartburg Castle

I am considering the option of visiting the Wartburg castle. However, the bus seems to be not very frequent from the central train stattion (Hbf). How long would it take to walk this distance?

Thanks in advance!

3 replies to this topic
Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Stuttgart, Baden-Wurttemberg
Level Contributor
15,702 posts
53 reviews
1. Re: Walking from Eisenach Hbf to Wartburg Castle

I'm sure that the bus would be faster if it is at least hourly, but the link below suggests a 30 minute walk which I don't really believe most people could do. The Wartburg sits atop a high hill outside of town, and by walking all the way you will have to first get to it and then climb all of it. At least the bus should let you off part way up the hill below the castle. Of course, you could also use a taxi to get you to that drop-off point as it shouldn't be too expensive. Some nformation on how to get to it is in uncommon-travel-germany.com/…wartburg-travel .

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
1,819 posts
1,895 reviews
2. Re: Walking from Eisenach Hbf to Wartburg Castle

Thanks for sharing this info!

Germany
Level Contributor
329 posts
3 reviews
3. Re: Walking from Eisenach Hbf to Wartburg Castle

Agree with marcopolko on all points. 40-45 minutes is more realistic I think. Route options here: https://goo.gl/maps/mEEHg Taxi would probably be about EUR 6-8.

Reply to: Walking from Eisenach Hbf to Wartburg Castle
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Eisenach